Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Shelly H&T with Fibaro HC2 (Fetch Querystring parameters)

The Emil

Question

I have a similar Fibaro challenge as the guy in this forum: 

Please login or register to see this link.

I have a Shelly H&T (Hygrometer and thermometer) with open API that I want to include in my HC2 as a Virtual Device. The Shelly H&T supports a Report URL (GET) that I can configure in the web interface. But according to the documentation it will report humidity and temp as Querystring parameters. (

) sais it will report with the format (/?temp=999.99&hum=100) - appended to the report URL I guess. It is also a GET-call and I can not configure it as i want. 

So can I fetch these variables in HC2 somehow with LUA code?

Another way to do this is to fetch the values from the Shelly H&T with a HTTP-call from Fibaro. The problem with this approach is that the Shelly H&T is in sleep mode whenever it is not reporting data. So I guess it is awake appr. one second every 10 minutes or so. I have not tried the approach of letting Shelly H&T start a scene in Fibaro that fetches the data via the /status open api. I'm not sure how long it is awake after reporting data  

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, The Emil said:

I have a similar Fibaro challenge as the guy in this forum: 

I have a Shelly H&T (Hygrometer and thermometer) with open API that I want to include in my HC2 as a Virtual Device. The Shelly H&T supports a Report URL (GET) that I can configure in the web interface. But according to the documentation it will report humidity and temp as Querystring parameters. (

) sais it will report with the format (/?temp=999.99&hum=100) - appended to the report URL I guess. It is also a GET-call and I can not configure it as i want. 

So can I fetch these variables in HC2 somehow with LUA code?

Another way to do this is to fetch the values from the Shelly H&T with a HTTP-call from Fibaro. The problem with this approach is that the Shelly H&T is in sleep mode whenever it is not reporting data. So I guess it is awake appr. one second every 10 minutes or so. I have not tried the approach of letting Shelly H&T start a scene in Fibaro that fetches the data via the /status open api. I'm not sure how long it is awake after reporting data  

In general you can't make HTTP request to the HC2 because we can't write server handlers. It only works if you can make the call adhere to some exiting fibaro REST api, like setting a global or starting a scene with args. However, it looks like your device have a predefined GET request format that I can't see how to map to the HC2's APIs...

Edited by jgab

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the response. Regarding the second approach i mention: Is it possible to start a scene (without) parameters with a static GET-http-call?