Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

we will ever see?

vinding.it

This is an open question.
I have now had my HC3 for a year. And it works perfectly with Z-Wave.
When I bought it I was promised by Fibaro support that later in the year (2021) it would be opened for Zigbee! What is the status?

I note that a lot of energy is put into developing Elero and Nice products? Where can these products be purchased? I have not found a dealer in Denmark!

At the time I bought it it said that the HC3 would support Z-Wave, Zigbee, 433.92 MHz and Bluetooth!

Is the solution to swits to a Homy Pro. Or does it come in FW ver. 6.xx q. 3. 202?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, vinding.it said:

When I bought it I was promised by Fibaro support that later in the year (2021) it would be opened for Zigbee! What is the status?

It will come. Alpha tests should be in full swing by now. :D I think it should come in some beta now in Q1.

I have not found a dealer in Denmark!

Elero: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Nice: 

433.92 MHz

433/868 is for Nice protocols.

@vinding.it

Fibaro will never open up 433 and 868 MHz to products other than their own (Nice and Elero).
This is very remarkable as there are very many other manufacturers using these protocols who are now locked out.
And what about ZigBee, well, we'll see...

But this betrayal from Fibaro has made me look for other solutions and right now I am integrating my devices to HomeAssistant which I am running on a motherboard that used to sit in a scrapped HC2.
Much to my surprise it works fantastically well and I now have integrated Z-Wave, ZigBee and 433 MHz via a connected RFXCOM device.

• Topic Author
  • Since Elero, Nice and Fibaro are merging. I understand well that they favor their own products. However, it is a pity that other products are not opened in the EU as there is limited access to products from Nice and Elero is in the EU.
    433.92 is an open standard used by companies such as Nexa, Provee, Telldus and many others.
    I had hoped that the Fibaro HC3 could control all devices (as indicated by specifications in the first ads). I chose the HC3 as it had the best specifications.
    But today I dougt it is the right choice.
    May I mention the HC3 was definitely not the cheapest!