Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Notification once a day, once a week ?

PascalV83

Hi,

i really do not understand the different choices for the notification panel which is avalaible for each device. The choices are :

-once

-once per minute

-once per hour

-once per day

-once per week

While the HC3 manual states that for example , once per day means that the notification is sent once per day every day at 12:00, as soon as i activate my device

i receive  a push notification whatever the choice i made and every time i activate it.

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Not that I know of. But how about turning on banners and notification center but turn off the sounds? I have a number of apps that I have set up this way, and, yes, I do see the notifications, but it's only when I next look at my phone, and you just need discipline to look once a day.Perhaps another solution is to create a recurring daily reminder to check your messaging apps for new messages

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by yaaraaja4

8 hours ago, yaaraaja4 said:

Not that I know of. But how about turning on banners and notification center but turn off the sounds? I have a number of apps that I have set up this way, and, yes, I do see the notifications, but it's only when I next look at my phone, and you just need discipline to look once a day.

Perhaps another solution is to create a recurring daily reminder to check your messaging apps for new messages

I'm sorry, but your reaction reminds me of the title of the movie "I See No Evil, I Hear No Evil". And my children, when they were little, closed their eyes and claimed to be invisible =>
So, for the notification from the device to work properly, I ONLY need to look at the phone at the right moment, right?
I would say that this is not the essence of the question ;)

eM.

@PascalV83

My view on the issue probably won't help you at all, because I haven't tested it myself. I thought that, for example, the notification "once per hour" does not mean that every time you send a notification no matter what, but it is limited, if you set the event repeatedly, the notification will be sent a maximum of once per hour and that's it.. and again an hour will pass from events triggering notification.

Anyway, Fibaro clearly defines it, see the manual:
Once per minute (at the full minute),
Once per hour (at the full hour),
Once per day (every day at 12.00),
Once a week (Monday at 12.00).

So,, the notification per hour will be done every hour. So it may happen that the device changes status at xx:59 and it will take a minute for the notification to go away. Or, the device will change state at xx:01 and wait another 59 minutes. when the notification goes out.

eM.

Edited by Martin_N