Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Slow icons display

lazer

Since last beta version, including this new stable version, display of icons on main dashboard is very slow.

Icons are displayed sequentially, so it take time to fully show all of them... especially on big 4K screens.

On previous versions, the icons were displays simultaneously, so it was much faster.

Could you please reverse back to the old way of displaying icons, or let the user choose by creating a new option switch in the parameters screen ?

Tested using Firefox and Chrome.

Also, when user wants to change icon in the general tab of each device, the icons are very small... not very convenient.

Edited by lazer
  • Like 3

I have check this and actually the time to load all "tiles" is the same, just content of them is loaded in a little bit different way.
I will create an issue to check which part of our work modified a little bit this behavior. 

• Like 2

Hello. Indeed there are big slowdowns for the loading of the icons. Tested with Safari and Firefox.

• Like 1

I can also confirm the display of icons on dashboard is very very slow, compared to previous update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Topic Author
  • Are you sure you are looking at used memory and not used+buffer+cache, which is irrelevant ?

By the way, I don't think memory usage is related to the slow icons issue, my box's memory is perfectly fine, and it seems more like a change in the way the icons are displayed on the web interface.