Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Cant control Sonos through integration

juulspind

Hello

Recently my Sonos integration stopped working properly in HC3 - it has been working very fine until now.

I can add Sonos speakers, and the integration finds the ip adresses, but I can't control the speakers. It also reads volume level with a delay.

Anyone know why this is happening now?

HC3 version 5.130.64

Sonos S2 version 14.20.1

Hi @juulspind ,

From your post I can't see what integration solution do you use on your HC3?

I use

Please login or register to see this link.

with my

and all working OK on HC3 v5.130.64 and my Sonos S2 on v14.20.1 including TTS

Also my solution

is working fine on HC2 v4.630

• Topic Author
  • Thank you for your reply Sankotronic. I will def try this later, but this does not fix my problem now :-(

My Sonos won't show up in home assistant as well. Maybe the last opportunity for me is to reset my router and set up again..

• Like 1

Hi @juulspind ,

Does Sonos app find all speakers? I had problems in the past with Sonos WiFi connection so what I did is I connected Sonos 3 with UTP cable to my router and then I changed WiFi settings on my router from Auto to WiFi channel 1 for 2.4GHz and also set Sonos WiFi to channel 6. Since then no more problems with connection.

I have also HUE Bridge which is using ZigBee that also works on 2.4GHz and overlaps with WiFi, so I moved it to channel 25 far away from my router.

See WiFi and ZigBee channels overlapping picture:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Before adjusting channel for ZigBee I often had unreachable bulbs, but after adjusting never again. It is also recommended that you bind IP address to MAC address for all devices that you integrate with HC3. This can be done on router, so router will always give same IP address and therefore HC3 integrations will never loose connection.

• Like 1