Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Door window sensor 2 sends Notification every 5 minute

Gurkij

Question

I have HC3 with 12 Fibaro door/window sensors where one of them sends Notification: Access Control - Window/door is closed every 5 minutes.

Not sure why this happens and how to make it stop.

6 answers to this question

@GurkijHello and welcome to the community.

Only one of 12 Sensors is not OK?

Try the following: Set the hc3 in exclude mode > exclude the sensor by 3x click the B-Button.

Set the hc3 in include mode and include the sensor again by 3x click on the B-Button.

Or pull the batteries and insert them one by one to trace the device sending the notification. If you know the device, compare the parameters with other devices, or reinstall the device. 

• Inquirer
  • 1 hour ago, Fabir said:

@GurkijHello and welcome to the community.

Only one of 12 Sensors is not OK?

Try the following: Set the hc3 in exclude mode > exclude the sensor by 3x click the B-Button.

Set the hc3 in include mode and include the sensor again by 3x click on the B-Button.

Exlusion/inclusion did not help, the device is still sending the notification about every 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Or pull the batteries and insert them one by one to trace the device sending the notification. If you know the device, compare the parameters with other devices, or reinstall the device. 

I know which device it is.... I've tried comparing settings with the other devices, resetting the parameters, reconfigure the device, without any luck.

• Inquirer
  • It seems that the device is reporting its state every 5 minutes.

If the window is closed we receive the notification Access Control - Window/door is closed every 5 minutes

If the window is open we receive Access Control - Window/door is open every 5 minutes.

I want to preserve battery life and stop these notifications.

The device behaves as expected, apart from reporting its state every 5 minutes.

• Inquirer
  • On 2/6/2023 at 8:40 PM, Gurkij said:

It seems that the device is reporting its state every 5 minutes.

If the window is closed we receive the notification Access Control - Window/door is closed every 5 minutes

If the window is open we receive Access Control - Window/door is open every 5 minutes.

I want to preserve battery life and stop these notifications.

The device behaves as expected, apart from reporting its state every 5 minutes.

Factory reset of the device did not help, still reporting stat every 5 minutes.

Have the same problem with one of my devices.

I've also did factory reset and the situation hasn't improved.

Any luck at your side 

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this link.

?