Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Camera RTSP stream works only locally, but why?

Neo Andersson

Question

Hello 

Anyone, more experienced with cameras, can give me some hints, why camera's RTSP stream works only locally? (lot of cameras dont support JPG or MJPG so i have to use rtsp in many cases)

Is this only a Fibaro lack of support, or this is the case in general? 

If this is only another Fibaro disadvantage, this in fact means, that cameras are pretty much useless in Fibaro, as people most of the time have cameras exactly for monitoring their properties from distance.

Is that something that will be changed? 

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Neo Andersson said:

Is this only a Fibaro lack of support, or this is the case in general? 

Some processes regarding data flow in cloud needs to be changed to get RTSP working remotely.

We ofthen recommend to use NVR with dedicated App with Fibaro as there are all features regarding crossing camera view. Fibaro is just looking on camera streams.

• Inquirer
  • @jakub.jezek Hello Jakub, can you please assist a little bit for me?

I want to have my camreas live stream when i am not on local network.

As you recommended, i have bought an NVR, and set it up.

Now it is running, and i can see my camers in NVR too.

What next ? How to use it in Fibaro?

I am not a big expert for cameras..

My camera is of type TP LINK VIGI C540, and my NVR is TP link VIGI NVR.

My NVR local address is 192.168.100.119

My Camera IP is 192.168.100.212

My rtsp stream url of camera is  rtsp://192.168.100.212:554/stream1 

This is all the information i have

How to proceed? How to set up in Fibaro to work remotely?

Thanks for any help

Hello @Neo Andersson,

If I'm not mistaken then Fibaro does not have cloud ready for RTSP yet the same way they have it for MJPG. So now you can get live view remotely via app only via VPN. So for now I would use app from NVR manufacturer to get camera live stream. @A.Socha or @m.roszak, Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is what I heard or read somewhere on this forum.

I would recommend to integrate cameras via NVR to Fibaro, so it would be <IP_of_NVR>:<port_camerra_running_at>/<path_to_stream>, for example: 192.168.81.2:61100/isapi/102/preview.

Best regards,

Jakub

@Neo Andersson, you set it correctly, if it works locally. There is no RTSP that works remotely outside of lan network with Fibaro. Maybe Dahua and NICE cctv plugins where RTSP possibly works remotely, but with generic cameras it does not.

• Inquirer
  • 58 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

@Neo Andersson, you set it correctly, if it works locally. There is no RTSP that works remotely outside of lan network with Fibaro. Maybe Dahua and NICE cctv plugins where RTSP possibly works remotely, but with generic cameras it does not.

thanks

generally you can use your IPv4 public address as IP of the camera, when it supports unicast mode, and of course your router support port forwarding and dynamic port for UDP data - or if you completelly open "that one" camera to internet. I do this for demo reason sometimes, to show installers/customers how the cameras looks like in Yubii App