Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

when will Fibaro zigbee full compatibility?

petro_cz

Question

I have a zigbee human presence sensor, I need to set the time, how long it should be closed, I can't set the parameters. Does anyone know how to solve this, or do we have to wait and wait and wait? Thank you

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_11/image.png.3c5447f3c0ddb9851cf681c1a36fbd47.png" />

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, petro_cz said:

when will Fibaro zigbee full compatibility

I don’t think Zigbee full compatibility exists. The Zigbee standard is different from the Z-wave standard, where the Zigbee standard is less strict but with the risk it doesn’t work on all gateways. 

• Like 3

• Inquirer
  • 13 hours ago, SmartHomeEddy said:

Nemyslím si, že úplná kompatibilita Zigbee existuje. Standard Zigbee se liší od standardu Z-wave, kde je standard Zigbee méně přísný, ale s rizikem, že nefunguje na všech bránách. 

I would only buy zwave, but practically no one makes it, zigbee offers a lot of devices, sensors , that you just need. I was looking for a zwave contactor for a boiler, only zigbee, a humidity sensor for the garden only zigbee. Yes it can be done via Smart Implant, but it's ( do it at home) . I don't understand why the manufacturers even gnoruji zwave

Hello. I'm going to tread on thin ice and speculate.

Since the Zwave standard is so strictly regulated and the products go through certification, I think that some applications of end elements are so risky with respect to interference, lifetime,..... that the manufacturer cannot afford to make a product that is not 100%.

With a mass issue like Zigbee products, some malfunction will not surprise anyone and these devices are considered as consumer goods. Yes, just because of the price.