Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Eurotronic Comet Problems

Robin_561

Question

Hello,

i've bought 5 Eurotronic Comet Thermostats a while ago and encountered a few problems.

After inclusion they worked flawlessly, but after a few Days 2 of them stopped reporting temperature readings altogether. I have moved them nearest to my HC3 but this didn't help.

They only start working again after reinserting the Battery's. But the same problem occurs a few Hours or Days later again...
The same happens with one's included with Safety-Mode and without.

Another Problem i found is that they tend to drain their Battery's rather quickly. I have set the LCD-Timeout to 5 Seconds, Set-point chance happens around 2 Times a Day.
Some still have 100% others have been chanced 2 Times already in 4 weeks.

One Thing i have noticed is that i cant see any Parameters in my HC3, i tried setting every Factory Value manually but this didn't help.

Do you have any Idea's?
Thx in Advance!

3 answers to this question

@Robin_561 Are you using the eurotronic comet zigbee version thermostats?

I have the eurotronic spirit plus radiator thermostats with zwave. They do have a template for the parameters.

About your issues.

Try the latetest hc3 beta. Maybe this helps also with zigbees. 

I've also had radiator thermostats with shorter battery life than others. Unmount the thermostat and check if valve pin in the midle can be pressed in easy. If it's hard going, this can result in shorter battery life, because the thermostat needs more power to open the valve.  

Also check the zwave neighbours list in the controller for this thermostats. 

• Inquirer
  • Hello Fabir,

thank you for the answer, i use the Z-Wave Versions of the Comet Thermostats.
    I will try your Suggestions and will report. 

• Inquirer
  • Hello,

i have looked at all Valve Pin's, they feel consistent and can be pressed in with relative ease.
    Checking the Z-Wave Neighbors there are Problems. I placed an Wallplug in its Proximity and i get Temperature Chances more often now. Thanks!

I guess the Battery get's drained from this happening every few Days: "System hardware failure." The LCD stays on until you re-calibrate which draws a lot of Power.
    Is there a Way to re-calibrate from the UI?
    The House isn't visited very often.

I contacted Eurotronic regarding the missing Template, maybe they heard about the Problem from someone else already.