Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Turn off alarm siren on disarm by pin code

simanas

Question

I am in the middle of my new house constructions. Ordered HC2 more than a month ago to play with it and see what it is capable of, what kind of wiring and setup I need to do in my house to use it wisely. Looks very impressing so far. And now the time has come to move this unit in to my brand new house as it already has doors and windows.

I want to start using my Fibaro HC2 for security manners at first. I purchased simple security siren, hooked it to z-wave relay switch. I am able to make it scream whenever an alarm is triggered in Fibaro Home Center, no problems there. But how do I shut that siren off? What I expect is that when I enter PIN code to disarm breached sensor or entire network siren stops screaming automatically. I was unable to find any hook in LUA API to get an event of PIN code entered or system disarmed so that I could shut that siren down by some custom scene. If I had to shut the siren down manually every time security is breached - that's even more stupid than dumb... Looks like step backwards from simple wire based security system as If I am cancelling an alarm from remote location I might forget to chill that siren down and my neighbors will kill me once I get back home... 

How do you guys deal with that? Am I missing something or misunderstanding the concept of how security should be done with Fibaro Home Center 2?

13 answers to this question

I am in the middle of my new house constructions. Ordered HC2 more than a month ago to play with it and see what it is capable of, what kind of wiring and setup I need to do in my house to use it wisely. Looks very impressing so far. And now the time has come to move this unit in to my brand new house as it already has doors and windows.

I want to start using my Fibaro HC2 for security manners at first. I purchased simple security siren, hooked it to z-wave relay switch. I am able to make it scream whenever an alarm is triggered in Fibaro Home Center, no problems there. But how do I shut that siren off? What I expect is that when I enter PIN code to disarm breached sensor or entire network siren stops screaming automatically. I was unable to find any hook in LUA API to get an event of PIN code entered or system disarmed so that I could shut that siren down by some custom scene. If I had to shut the siren down manually every time security is breached - that's even more stupid than dumb... Looks like step backwards from simple wire based security system as If I am cancelling an alarm from remote location I might forget to chill that siren down and my neighbors will kill me once I get back home... 

How do you guys deal with that? Am I missing something or misunderstanding the concept of how security should be done with Fibaro Home Center 2?

Hi
These three block scenes works fine with me, I still have only connected one motion sensor.
Have used it for a year now.
Enables the alarm of the mobile phone with the code when I walk out the door, or later via remote access.
When I'm at home (or slightly before) I remove alarm with code.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Perhaps it is too simple, but it works fine.
All three scenes should start with HC2
Stop alarm is used when you need to stop a violation alarm.
  • Like 1

I made a scene, which will be triggered on sensor state . If disarmed then send "turnOff" signal to the siren and green color of 2 ledstrips for two seconds.

If I arm all my sensors it wil run the same scene to led my ledstrips lightup red for a second. If one sensor cannot be armed, it wil not lightup my ledstrip, so I know something is wrong,

Please login or register to see this link.

Please login or register to see this code.

Yes I can share it.

However, it's a bit different than I said in my previous post.

I have a scene to disarm the alarm and to turn off the siren. It will trigged by pressing a button on a minimote, or by enter a PIN on a keypad:

My scene to lightup my ledstrip accoridng to the status of the alarm is this one:

• Inquirer
  • Thank you guys for your input. Well this is what I thought... It all looks very stinky to me... More like a work around but not a real solution. 

Thing that I do not like the most is that whenever you add an other security sensor to your network you MUST go and update your script to include that new device in to it. Moreover - if you reconfigure one of your security devices you MUST change ID of it in your script as bad ID can produce unpredictable results.  If there is no other way to do it, then it's super disappointing.  Looks like very very very bad software design.

What we need here is some way to get an information from Fibaro when pincode is entered in Fibaro alarm panel. Basically we need an API hook of this in LUA to do this properly. Hope that Fibaro is looking in to this.

Meanwhile I will write one LUA script which would be similar to proposed by user boomx. I would just list all of my security devices id's in one array at the beginning of a script so I could easily change it if something is changed on my setup. Will post it here later when I get to it.

• Inquirer
  • Here is my version. Use it in security panel. Activate it to be triggered when security alarm is triggered. 

It's not perfect. Siren will continue screaming if you disarm a sensor which triggered an alarm and arm it back again in less than 300ms.

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> In reality - that's impossible, but who knows... If scene it self would hang for some reason while you are doing this it would not power off your speaker. Very unlikely to ever happen, but need to be aware. 

I agree with you, simanas. NIce script, but for me it isn't going to work (I need a delay for alarm to go active, to be able to disarm it on time).

• Inquirer
  • Just use scene start delay in fibaro alarm advanced tab. See attachment. It's designed to work with that.

Alarm should not be active in my case. Otherwise I cannot disarm my alarm with RFID tags and Keypad (yes I have checked the option "Do not allow alarm to stop scene while alarm is running", but it will not work most of the time. So for me, I use the "Disarming delay".

@simanas

First of all thanks for posting the script.  I have a question,  does the script still work in version 4.110?  Not sure if it related to your script or version HC2 v 4.110 but I get a 503 after the script has been triggered.  Has something been changed in HC2 4.110 which could cause this ?

• Inquirer
  • I am no longer using Fibaro. It's a peace of crap. Was having various issues with it for months eventually the whole HC2 unit just died. I have added so much efforts in it setting up all of my house devices, writing lua scenes and etc and eventually it just died... That was so disappointing experience. 

I never returned it back to Fibaro, just simply trashed it out as after months of struggling with it I already hated it and didn't wanted to continue that agony anymore. The best case scenario would have been that Fibaro would have sent me back a new or refurbished unit which would be empty and I would have to start over again from scratch setting up all of my house devices, which is a pain. 

Since I am a professional Python developer turned out to HomeAssistant, but that one is far from perfect to be honest. Tried Vera and it's a piece of crap as well. So now I have just a very basic setup with HomeAssistant and after all of these painful experiences with Fibaro, Vera and HomeAssistant I think I will go ahead and write my own Home automation software for my own needs and then maybe extend it to some kind of product that other developers could use and have better experiences than I had. Maybe something open source... I do not know yet.

The main problem with all of these systems I think is that they are claiming to be simple enough to be implemented by non technical users. I think it's a huge mistake. Things get's so complicated very quickly and without a proper mindset and knowledge regular user gets lost so quickly. Other than that all of those systems have so many bugs and it's a clear sign of a very poor Microsoft style development. 

• Like 4

Fibaro, hes right .

To many bugs

Doesnt deliver whats advertised

Poor information, Its like every thing is a secret

On 1/26/2017 at 3:53 AM, simanas said:

I am no longer using Fibaro. It's a peace of crap. Was having various issues with it for months eventually the whole HC2 unit just died. I have added so much efforts in it setting up all of my house devices, writing lua scenes and etc and eventually it just died... That was so disappointing experience. 

I never returned it back to Fibaro, just simply trashed it out as after months of struggling with it I already hated it and didn't wanted to continue that agony anymore. The best case scenario would have been that Fibaro would have sent me back a new or refurbished unit which would be empty and I would have to start over again from scratch setting up all of my house devices, which is a pain. 

Since I am a professional Python developer turned out to HomeAssistant, but that one is far from perfect to be honest. Tried Vera and it's a piece of crap as well. So now I have just a very basic setup with HomeAssistant and after all of these painful experiences with Fibaro, Vera and HomeAssistant I think I will go ahead and write my own Home automation software for my own needs and then maybe extend it to some kind of product that other developers could use and have better experiences than I had. Maybe something open source... I do not know yet.

The main problem with all of these systems I think is that they are claiming to be simple enough to be implemented by non technical users. I think it's a huge mistake. Things get's so complicated very quickly and without a proper mindset and knowledge regular user gets lost so quickly. Other than that all of those systems have so many bugs and it's a clear sign of a very poor Microsoft style development. 

Edited by Jamie mccrostie
    • Like 3