About This File
----------========== SolarEdge Monitor Virtual Device ==========----------
I want to share my virtual device to monitor SolarEdge solar panels.
SolarEdge have the possibility to read your system data with API.
What you need is the VD to download and ad into the Fibaro
Make a LUA scene where you copy the code
The code is based on @jompa68 Consumption Monitor Scene and I have permission to share my version of it with the change/ integrate of SolarEdge
With this it also supports
@AutoFrank SmartMessageHub and
@Sankotronic Time Based Events Control
First you need the API key that only a admin of the portal can give to you.
When the SolarEdge was installed at my home I register the system by myself.
You only need the serial number that is on the invertor
- And select new installer
- Fill in the information needed
- see example of serial number to fill in
Or ask the site admin to enable the API key
To generate a Site API key:
For most time people will have standard access to the portal and will not be able to set the API Key them self
Ask your Installer/ manufacturer to enable the API key by these steps or do it yourself.
In the Site Admin >> Site Access tab >> Access Control tab >> API Access > section:
- Acknowledge reading and agreeing to the SolarEdge API Terms & Conditions.
- Click Generate API key.
- Copy the key.
- Click Save
- Use the key in all API requests
SolarEdge Scene setup
- Line 23 local vDevId > enter the VD id
- SE_API > Your API Key
- SE_CLIENT_ID > Your Client ID
- Line 41 (true or false) and 42 possibility to calculate rates with the the power you get from the solar panels
- Line 51 refresh rate > set 60 or higher due API data restrictions of SolarEdge
- setup you push message when and in what way you want, see description in the scene.