Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Changing parameters

Guest Maarten

Question

Guest Maarten

Has anyone had succes adding parameters to a device? I am configuring my motion detectors now (everspring) and I cant seem to add any parameters, the save button says 'Device 3: Ustawienia zapisane' but when I refresh the page the parameter is gone. Same thing for 'Wake up interval (s):'. Anyone has an idea what I'm doing wrong?

5 answers to this question

yes and no.

my experience so far is... that you have to change the parameters and then press the tamper switch on the everspring device in order to "receive" the configuration from HC2.

i was thinking, that the wake up interval is supposed to do just that (i have set the interval to be 3600s and then pressed the switch on the everspring and then the value should stay).... however.... i have made some disassociations through hc2 yesterday and today.. the associations are still not "sent" to the everspring device (motion detector).... for my point of view... this should happen after 3600 seconds the latest !?

i don't know if this is a bug or a design issue/thing.... however... for me... that means that i have to go through the whole house... open the case on every motion detector (20!) and trigger the switch in order to "manually" update each and every device with what i've set in HC2.

Buttom line: set the parameter... and tap the switch if you would like to get it working instantly or ever

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Marcel

Guest ericf
  • Inquirer
  • Hi,

I think it is also recommend to do so; set parameter and then click on the blue bouton on the EZ ...

Guest Robertos80
  • Inquirer
  • I will add something.

Not only press button but press 3 times. Motion sensor will enter the programming mode.

For instance change something in parameters, save in HC2 and after all press three times button. It should accept all your changes.

P.S. It is something wrong with this motion sensor because it response with 2sec delay.

Guys from Fibaro team do something with it, please.

Guest Maarten
  • Inquirer
  • Hmm, I got some parameters to be accepted but I dont know what button pressing magic I did to get there. Tried pressing once and three times but the result is not always ok.

And yeah, it responds with a delay which makes it a bit useless for the purpose I had in mind. Can/will this be fixed Fibaro?

Guest ericf
  • Inquirer
  • normally the led should flash multiple time ...