Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Set the Dimmer Value on a schedule

derelict

Question

(i know this has been discussed in the polish part of the forum.... but google is not that good in polish -> english translations

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" /> )

i basically i have two problems:

i have a scene with the ON Action for a dimmer module. Whenever that scene is triggered it turns on the dimmer at 100% and NOT the dim value it was last set to.

Is this normal ? i've tried to use a variable for the dim value in the scene. but i can't use the variable as a value for the dim value..... correct ? this might be a feature request

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

the second problem is:

how can i tell the dim module to turn on the light at 100% in the morning but after 20:00 it should only dim to 10% ?

i made two scenes for that to turn on the light shortly (in order to set the dim value) in the morning and at 20:00... but i don't think that this is the best solution.

it would be better if i could either set a variable and use that as value for the "turn on" action. or to somehow tell the dim module to "remember" a new set dim value without having to actually turn on the light, using a scene, just to set a new dim value.

any ideas and or input ?

Marcel

7 answers to this question

Guest ericf

??

/emoticons/default_icon_question.gif" alt=":?:" />

Guest kstaniek

derelict, for the first problem I think there is a bug. For the dimmer the level range is between 0 to 99, but you can set level to 255 and it just turn the dimmer on with the last value which was set previously. It works like this when I use my API.

Please login or register to see this link.

In scene creator for ON action you can set the level but when you type 255 it always set the level to the 99 (max).

As you can see so far we can't use variables to set the level value in scene creator.

For the second problem I just answered to this question in Polish but I also uploaded the screenshoots from my scene creator. In total I use 6 scenes.

Here is the link to the thread.

Please login or register to see this link.

If something is unclear just let me know and I can explain the details.

Guest gembrain

Being able to set dimming levels in scene creator is a basic requirement for me.

Hopefully the new scene engine is progressing well.....

Guest kstaniek

gembrain, sure you can set any dimming level in scene creator from 0..99 range. I'm referring to the value of 255 which should set the dimmer level to the last one which was either set by switch connected to the dimmer or another action. This functionality does not work from scene creator however is properly implemented in dimmer itself.