Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Foscam Ip camera

DonO

Question

I have a Foscam Ip camera and have entered the ip address and selected foscam from the list but the HC2 has not populated the commands to move the camera. Does anyone know the commands i need to enter or should the system pick this up?

thanks

Guest Kuuno

here you can find a pdf with commands

Please login or register to see this link.

I have been looking into this for a while now and I can get it to move in the required direction but the stop commands do not work. I can move the camera in the desired direction by using the following links in the required felids. But the stop commands escape me.

Cut and paste these into the relevant boxes

Left : decoder_control.cgi?command=6

Down: decoder_control.cgi?command=2

Up: decoder_control.cgi?command=0

Right: decoder_control.cgi?command=4

1 Click puts the camera through the full range of motion in the required direction

In the mean time I have set the stop command to: decoder_control.cgi?command=25

This is the default "Centre Camera" command so I use this to return the camera to its centre position when I click the "pause" icon.

I am using 1.026 and a Foscam FI8918W

Good luck!

same here. stop button doesn't work with =5 command although the exact same command executed from the browser works fine. Can you please fix it in next release?

Could anybody please confirm if HC2 works fine with Foscam new models which have H.264 video format, such as FI9820W or FI8601W.

Thank you Best Regards.

Chemy

Could anybody please confirm if HC2 works fine with Foscam new models which have H.264 video format, such as FI9820W or FI8601W.

Thank you Best Regards.

Chemy

Hello,

I have the FI8601 and it not work .

Kind regards

Pascal

Any answer on the above?

Which cameras are supported with HC2? I'm finding it very difficult to buy modules, sensors etc, as it seams that very little is compatible? Compatibility was the key driver for me chosing a z-wave based system in the first instance.

We do not support h.264 stream.

Is this still the case? I hope not...

I'm searching for cameras now, Foscam seems to be quite good option?

Has anybody succeeded in getting FOSCAM 8918 for PTZ control?

We could only get video stream but no PTZ control.

Device firm ware version 11.37.2.55

Is there somewhere a detailed list of supported cameras e.g. not only the brand but the specific type of camera? Hmm today H264 support is a must. TIA-don

So, fibaro still doesnt support h.264 stream...???//

Well then, it should clearly state that on the forum and all the ip camera threads. All i could read on the forum and fibaro catalogs was that HCL and HC2 works with most of the ip cameras.

I just bought a foscam FI9805E and after spending 2 days scratching my head and spending $170 now I find out a small message on a thread typed in October that fibaro doesnt support h.264.   

We do not support h.264 stream.

I'm sorry to refute, but recent models and an increase growing for some time have the H264 stream. Now I understand why most of the models of IP cameras do not work with Fibaro.

Yes and furthermore, there are some great smartphone apps which turn your old smartphones in a webcam, but they all use h.264. 

I have a much better idea!! Modify the fibaro handy and tablet app so that it uses the biuld in Handy / Tablet Camera as Fibaro webcam!!

Hi all,

A good information,

With Foscam fi9821w all work fine and if you want to have the picture in thumbnail by default it working.

But if you want to have in remote access, the big picture (app phone 3g-4g or web app) you need to login into your web camera interface and downgrade HD in intermediate 640x360 because you do not have any bandwitch.

In more if you have loss the remote connexion from your android app phone, you need to know that specials characters are not supported since few weeks and you need have a simple password.