Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Everspring HSM02 and iOS App

Guest Eric

Question

Guest Eric

Hi folks,

how come the Everspring HSM02 door/window sensor is visible in the configuration panel of HC2 after integrating it to the network but won't appear using the iOS App?

According to the HC2 the sensor seems to work properly!

Does anyone have/had similar problems with the HSM02?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

13 answers to this question

Guest Eric
  • Inquirer
  • Yes, I have latest software version 1.033 installed on HC2 and the sensor is working good as long as you use the configuration panel of HC2!

The problem occurs with the iOS app only!

Looking forward to the new iOS app release!

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Hi Krystian/Eric,

You can't see it because HC2 sees this sensor as a motion sensor and not as a door/window sensor, the database has to be updated in new firmware by Fibaro not the App.

Guest Eric
  • Inquirer
  • Hi Krystian/Eric,

You can't see it because HC2 sees this sensor as a motion sensor and not as a door/window sensor, the database has to be updated in new firmware by Fibaro not the App.

Hi ezHome.nl,

right you are! I've just checked the configuration panel again and for HC2 the HSM02 is a motion sensor indeed! Thanks for your help!

So please Fibaro, update the database accordingly... :->

Guest Kuuno
  • Inquirer
  • hi

this is a small sample on how to control underfloor heating w Fibaro. I have a plan to test what is the real effect on heating including comfort and billing.

specific installation has:

6 zones for heating (2 on 1 floor and 4 on 2nd floor)

using universal sensor to control heatpump when all zones are closed

universal sensors w temp sensors in different rooms

will let you know how things change this winter:)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Glad to see someone else facing the same challenge. I too have underfloor heating with 8 (downstairs) + 7 (upstairs) zones, all with actuators. My system is a combination of HeatMiser (wiring centre, thermostats) and Wavin (pipes, pumps, actuators). Just opening or closing an actuator would not work in my system as I also need to start the pump, and, issue a call-for-heat (switch on the boiler).

On my system, all rooms are networked together on a 2-wire RS485 bus, which is completely half-duplex. I have bought a HeatMiser NC601 TCP/IP server (it's tiny) that is now hooked on to the RS485 bus and I can issue commands to it, using the HeatMiser protocol.

However, my thought now, is to do away with the bus and put something like this:

Please login or register to see this link.

next to the wiring centre, which would simulate a thermostat tripping, and thus causing the pump, actuator and call-for-heat to occur. Interested in hearing how your project develops.

As soon as I get the latest Beta (I'm on 1.036

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" /> ) I will do a full deployment of my HC2 with customised interfaces to the rest of the house, including the Hormann Rollmatic garage door.

Guest Kuuno
  • Inquirer
  • currently i can control my heat source with universal sensor, so when any of the zones open then command is sent to the pump to wtart working. the heatpump itself controls the work of circualtion pumps and etc.

could you use universal sensor to control boiler?

i also remove all the sensors from walls as they for my opinion are not required, how often does one change the heat in the room if it has been set? in past year i might have changed it once maybe

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes, I would agree its possible to have more relays controlling the boiler, the pump, the actuators, but I sense that the most reliable, safest approach is probably just to emulate the thermostat relay closing, but back at the wiring centre.

All my thermostats are wired back to the wiring centre. It takes care of the pump and boiler, and even responds to the hot water tank thermostat. So, my thoughts are to use a 8-way relay module, TCP/IP accessible, and save the cost of multiple Z-Wave modules, and, running the risk that one of them fails to engage (for whatever reason).

Interesting ideas though.

Guest Kuuno
  • Inquirer
  • today i changed my setup a little...

with my first setup i installed the temp sensors on the ceiling as i thought it was the only place where i can put wires for universal sensor (addic) but now i thought of old thermostats i had on the walls. i threw them away and used 4gauge wires they had for digital temp sensors

doing this i could also test how big is the temp differense measured from the ceiling and about 1,5m from the ground.

the results where what i did not expect. in some rooms the temp was higher at 1,5m than on the ceiling...

i have underfloor heating and all the heat should risu up anyway but this was weird

attached also a picture. all sensors with numeric names are located at 1,5m and with longer names are the ones in ceiling

Hi, I have a Smart LG tv with built-in wifi, is it possible to remote control the tv from the fibaro app ?

I have a LG Smart tv app on my iphone / ipad where I can control the volume and channels and start smart apps like youtube / netflix...

Have anyone tried to control the LG smart tv from fibaro ?

Hi folks,

I have a couple of Everspring HSM02 door window sensors.

They work properly, but they are reporting low battery alarm.

I have excluded tthem, included again - low battery alarm.

Changed batteries - low battery alarm.

I am sure that there is no low battery, the message is wrong.

There are contradictory instructions to configure the sensor. What is the exact procedure ? Pressing 3 times the tamper or oce ?

I assume the battery alarm is a problem of configuration.

Can enybody help ?

Thank you very much.

Klaus

Hi Kuuno,

Can you please post little specific instructions how to control underfloor water heating with Fibaro.

How to connect wires etc. of those 2pcs 2x1,5kw relays in own box to control 4 zones and 2x1,5kw module with motor controlling the valves as you post the pictures. PLEASE

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

Br,

Novice