Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wireless Thermostats

davedotnet

Question

Does anyone know if there is any way to support wireless thermostats? eg Honeywell, Salus, Heatmiser, Timeguard, etc. Virtual Devices seem to satisfy 'control', but no way of 'monitoring', ie retrieving the temperature. Has anyone found out how to accomplish this ?

9 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi! Please send me precisely which thermostats would you like to integrate. I will be happy to help you.

I have Heatmiser PRT-N Thermostats. They operate on a RS485 2-wire bus. Now, I realise you can't speak to that, but I have a custom gateway that will basically emulate *any* TCP/IP/Wireless thermostat you support and talk to the RS485 bus. eg

HC2 -> Custom Gateway -> Heatmiser NC601 -> RS485 Bus -> HeatMiser PRT-N Thermostat

So, pick any wireless thermostat, or, I can suggest this one:

Please login or register to see this link.

Thanks

I have a Filtrete 3M-50 wifi thermostat

It's communicating perfectly with my old Vera box, there's a plugin availible for it.

Would be very nice if it could be converted for Fibaro.

Any help would be apriciated.

Hi!

I've checked this device specification any they don't mantion about TCP/IP commands. If this device listen in particular TCP/IP port and the producer published this commands somewhere we can use them in creating Virtual Deivce. However I did not find this commands in link from you.

• Inquirer
  • Krystian,

The document for that thermostat is

, for all the commands it supports. I doubt HC2 has the capability to support reading temperatures using that protocol, however, if you let me know what TCP/IP (or UDP) thermostats you support in terms of *reading* temperatures, then I can create a gateway to emulate that, and interface with my heatmiser thermostats.

Thanks.

Hello Krystian,

Any news regarding the Filtrate 3M ?

it works very well on vera:

Any help would be apriciated.

Thanks

Hi, we integrate other solutions at the moment, but I will look closer to this device integration also. In final version of newApi you will have also possibility to integrate such device by yourself.

I'm looking for a thermostat as well.

What I would like to achieve, is to replace my current thermostat with an iPad. Basically what I could do, is move the thermostat to the "meter cupboard" and mount an iPad in its place.

So far so good. Next step: moving the basic functionality to the Fibaro iPad app. Meaning:

1. being able to control heating/cooling

2. show inside and outside temperatures which are also displayed on the thermostat

Is something like this already possible? Basically what I'd like is a "screenless" thermostat with Z-Wave which can be controlled and read by HC2.

• Inquirer
  • Hi, we integrate other solutions at the moment, but I will look closer to this device integration also. In final version of newApi you will have also possibility to integrate such device by yourself.

Any update on the newApi and integrating custom devices ?