Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

D-Link DCS930L Setup Issues

jonny

Question

Hi,

I've recently bought 3 D-LINK DCS-930L cameras (they are selling for £20 each). I'm trying to set them up in HC2, and have specified the path as "mjpeg.cgi" which appears to be the stream.

If I view them in the HC2, no image is displayed. However from the iphone app I get a still image. Anybody got any thoughts?

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Hi Krystian,

Thanks for your response. I've just tried that, but unfortunately it didn't appear to work. Screenshot attached in case I have missed something.

Please login or register to see this image.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

Yes I did. Whats interesting is that I get a still picture from the camera, when I use the HC2 app. So I assume this verifies the credentials are being accepted.

I have setup the same camera model for someone else...

Image path used was: image.jpg

Video path was: video.cgi

Try those

• Inquirer
  • Thanks JohnnyC. Unfortunately that still didn't work in HC2.

I installed google chrome to test the streams are served up by the camera on the different urls. the video.cgi and mjpeg.cgi both show the streamed content in chrome, but neither work in HC2.

• Inquirer
  • Ha .... Its just occurred to me why it doesn't work!

HC2 is just serving the url back up to the browser, its not wrapping it in anyway. So its down to the browser to work out how to render the URL, but since IE cant render it regardless, you get nothing.

If I view the camera in HC2 admin via chrome browser it works. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

It might be worth the HC admin pages adding a banner above the video stating which browser needs to be used, to avoid confusion. Alternatively HC2 could wrap the stream and serve as a more cross-browser format.

Now we just need Apple to fix the iOS 6 issue with video streaming and everything will be fine

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />