Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heartbeat via email for HC2

RiccardoCanetta

Question

Hi all,

I'm using HomeCenter2 to control heating in a holiday house in the mountains so I would like to set up the HC2 to send me an email every morning - this way if I don't see the email, I can realize that maybe electricity is off before everything freezes.

I tried to play with Scenes and found in the forum a suggestion that reads: create a virtual switch and set up an email alert upon switch status change. This way in a scene you can change the status of the switch and send the email. So I tried to create a virtual device but I cannot see how to set an email trigger for its status change...

Any idea of how to achieve this?

Thanks a lot,

Riccardo

3 answers to this question

The Virtual Switch and the Virtual Device are not the same thing.

The virtual switch is the second switch terminal of the 1 x 3kW Relay. It controls no load but can be triggered by a switch input. This is the second slave device on the configuration of the 1 x 3kW relay.

I use them to call scenes as they give the notification when the status changes or they turn on etc, just like a normal relay switch can. I have attached a screenshot of the switch I use to let me know if the GPS location has triggered my scene. This can be any 1 x 3kW relay.. This one, for example controls my Panasonic Heat Pump which allows me to uses the virtual switch for anything else I choose.

I simply add the notification setting to send me an email and push notification any time the device is turned on

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

thanks a lot, so this is what I did:

- under a 3Kw relay, show child device: yes

- on the child device, renamed it as "email" and specified to send via email a previously created notification upon status change

- finally I went on the main screen and clicked "on" or "off" a few times, but no emails where sent to the email address specified in "access panel" under "admin" user..

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again!

Riccardo