Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Support for Vitrum satellite switches

BvD

Question

@Fibaro support,

I'm about to buy Vitrum satellite switches. These switches can't do anything on their own, and need to be associated with scenes/switches/dimmers.

I just got info from one of the (active) members association for these devices have been removed in last few versions.

Will buying Vitrum switches end up as having very expensive drink coasters?

12 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Someone there?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" />

I am using a Vitrium II Dimmer and Vitrium I Dimmer with HC2, which work ok for me. They are marked up as Z-Wave from where I bought them. Davedotnet on this forum is using 20+ of them, and maybe able to make sure you have the right editions. Hope that helps.

@jonny BvD and I have spoken about this. The problem I have is with the wireless satellite switches, particularly the double gang ones, as Fibaro removed the Association menus for them. Additionally, I can't associate back to them either. Some of the Vitrums show up as On/Off switches, and others as "Unknown Device".

Are your devices non-satellite, ie, have light circuits attached?

• Inquirer
  • Helloooooooooooooooo,

Can someone from Fibaro at least say something?

Even if they don't have a specific answer right now.

Most of my reconstruction work is on hold due to plaster boxes and cabling I need or not!

Wow, these things look cool!

Since my house will be plastered next month, I too would be very anxious to know if these devices do or do not work with the HC2 in a reliable fashion.

Sorry Dave, I've been trying to lookup what I bought. Shocking I know, no idea what i fitted

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have the non satellite switches, which is probably why I dont see the issue. If you are using the satellite switches, what are you actually using to control the current on the lighting circuit?

If you are using the satellite switches, what are you actually using to control the current on the lighting circuit?

I use the satellite switches much the same way as 2-way, 3-way light switches, so, I have a master switch at one end of the kitchen/hallway/lounge, and a satellite at the other end. I then associate the master to the satellite, and the satellite to the master, and you effectively have 2-way light control. Both light switches stay in step in terms of state (coloured ring). It gets really complicated when the hallway has one master for the light circuit and then 3 satellite switches. They all have to be associated with each other so that state is maintained.

the devices vitrum support the Multichannel command class, whether it be with Vera with Fibaro has problems ...

• Inquirer
  • Yesterday I received my satellite switches. Inclusion and association worked fine.

However I can only associate with devices, not with scenes

/emoticons/default_icon_curve.gif" alt=":-/" />

Within HC2 it's just a master-switch with 4 slaves.

When using one of the buttons (associated with a FGD-211 Dimmer) at single touch it switches the dimmer at 65% dimming level. Would like to adjust that initial level.

Next, when holding the button, the dimming level decreases. But when releasing it it jumps back to 49%.

Are there special parameters I can set to tweak this behaviour? Either on the Vitrum switch or on the Dimmer?

Hi BvD

I'm building a new house now. I wanna know if you are satisfied with your Vitrum switches? I'm gonna use Vitrum Sattelites IV. With Fibaro HC2 any improvements seen with the software update from v.3.545 to > 3.582 wich is the newest. Would be glad to hear something about this before I order the Vitrum switches.

Kind regards from Sweden /Mikael

Hello guys

I have the battery 4 button scenario and i have included it to HC2 v4.04

I can only do association with devices but not with scenarios

And sometimes I have to press several times inorder to get a reaction