Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Yale YRD220-ZW-619 Real Living

sacerdoteuk

Question

Hi There

I recently installed this rather cool electronic keypad lock, It's Z-wave enabled and I've heard reports of it being controlled by a Vera 2, but my HC2 is having none of it. Under release 2 of the software it showed up as an alarm, which didn't work, and under release 3 beta it doesn't connect at all.

Will this device be supported in the final release 3?

Cheers

Hi There

I recently installed this rather cool electronic keypad lock, It's Z-wave enabled and I've heard reports of it being controlled by a Vera 2, but my HC2 is having none of it. Under release 2 of the software it showed up as an alarm, which didn't work, and under release 3 beta it doesn't connect at all.

Will this device be supported in the final release 3?

Cheers

Any news on this issue???

Guest shapa

HI

YRD220-ZW-619 is the US z-wave version, and Yale don't have EU version at all.

Therefore I'm very curious about Fibaro and YRD220-ZW-619 connection you made

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The only way is to buy HC2 with US frequences support... Or they are just not telling us that HC2 is able to support all frequences?

I've got the same lock (multiple) and I'm managing them with US Vera3 + HC2 (lua http api) and it works fine.

shapa, on back hc2 you got info about frequency

we selling hc2 with EU, RU, US, ANZ frequencies and that same is with devices

Guest shapa

Ok, it is good to know that HC2 is available in US frequencies

Still, the guy who posted the message lives in the UK

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just curious, but does the lock support unlocking from another device/controller? The documentation is not very detailed, but would like to see more about the ZWAVE commands it supports.

Thx

Guest shapa

"Just curious, but does the lock support unlocking from another device/controller? T" yes, it works fine with MicasaVerde Vera3 for example.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks a lot for the information. i hadn't realised it was us spec as i bought it in the uk. i will try it with a us veralite.

[ Added: 2013-08-17, 09:31 ]

Hey Shapa, The US vera works fine with the lock, which is great. However I can't now get the HC2 to send http commands. I have it working from the browser. You say you are using the http api. How exactly are you sending the commands?

Guest shapa

Hi!

Not a problem.

I explained how to "pair" HC2 and vera3 here:

Please login or register to see this link.

Enjoy your lock!

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

p.s. do not follow first steps as US Vera could not be included to the EU network, but HTTP API will work fine anyway - use the example

HI

YRD220-ZW-619 is the US z-wave version, and Yale don't have EU version at all.

Therefore I'm very curious about Fibaro and YRD220-ZW-619 connection you made

The only way is to buy HC2 with US frequences support... Or they are just not telling us that HC2 is able to support all frequences?

I've got the same lock (multiple) and I'm managing them with US Vera3 + HC2 (lua http api) and it works fine.

That really interesting...

Just 1 question, HC2 using Europe Frequency + Vera Edge using US Frequency as secondary controler = we can control all US Frequency devices from HC2?

Yale has released a EU-freq version of the lock - YRD220-ZW-EU. It is available in quite a few home automation stores.

Yale has released a EU-freq version of the lock - YRD220-ZW-EU. It is available in quite a few home automation stores.

Please login or register to see this link.

Is this new version supported?

Based on limited knowledge, what I have been informed is that firmware 4.01x onwards supports the lock as part of its generic z-wave lock support.

I am getting the Fibaro authorized distributor/reseller here to work with Fibaro to have a device template created for this particular Yale YRD220-EU lock.

Hope to have good news soon.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

davedotnet, Yes, but that is all at this stage and it depends on the HC2 version you are running. On 4.032 I just keep getting it as a dead node .. prior to that on the betas it was actually working very reliably.

now, it's a keyed dead lock till 4.033

Cheers,

al.

I included the Australian version of the AYRD220 with a HC2 on v4.032 last week. It was operating fine for a few days, then like alandee, started appearing as a dead node.

When it was working, I was able to control the lock and get the deadbolt's status reliably so I was rather impressed. Now I'm unable to get the lock to respond at all. I've tried re-inclusion, re-configuration - you name it. I'm hoping other fixes to the zwave engine in the future may address this problem.

As already mentioned within the community in the past, there's no specific template available for this device, however basic Z-Wave commands for door locks are supported.

If you do a quick search for "Yale" and "Zwave commands", you'll be able to find the ZWave Developer User and Reference Guide from ASSA Abloy that specifies the various alarm and configuration commands supported.

In the meantime, I would be happy with a robust Z-Wave connection to the lockset sorted out before the template.

Based on limited knowledge, what I have been informed is that firmware 4.01x onwards supports the lock as part of its generic z-wave lock support.

I am getting the Fibaro authorized distributor/reseller here to work with Fibaro to have a device template created for this particular Yale YRD220-EU lock.

Hope to have good news soon.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Based on my supplier, Fibaro has extracted the information they need. Not sure where they are with the template. Hope we will see a template for this lock with EU freq soon.

I had the same issue with my locks until Fibaro provided me with the following information.

I have 2 of these locks working well.

Exclude them from the HC2.

Remove the batteries from the lock.

Put the batteries back in after 10 seconds.

Make sure your HC2 is within a few inches of the lock; you may need a long network cable and extension cord.

Include the lock as normal and leave it within inches for at least 15 minutes until all the 'data' is synced with the lock.

You can wake the lock by pressing random 'buttons' on the keypad during the process.

Once the HC2 says it is completed and the 15 minutes are passed you should have a functional lock from the HC2.

I understand from supplier's own testing is that without the template, lock and unlock works but the other functionalities the lock is capable of is lost until Fibaro fix or create a template for it.

I understand from supplier's own testing is that without the template, lock and unlock works but the other functionalities the lock is capable of is lost until Fibaro fix or create a template for it.

That is correct.