Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Pushover notification on Android

Guest domoticawireles

Question

Guest domoticawireles

Hello,

I have a Galaxy S3 with Pushover app (app for receive push notifications from mails, etc.).

I set HC2 Beta 3.516 for sending an email to my Pushover's mail (long email address.. xxxyyyyyzzzz... (30 casual letters)[email protected]) that will be converted to push notification.

But I have a problem, seems that HC2 can't send mail to a long email address like this...

In fact, I can't receive push notifications to my phone..

Trying with other software (NMA Notifi My Android) it works perfectly.. But... At now I payed for Pushover app!

Anyone has tryed pushover app with HC2?

Thank you

bye

16 answers to this question

Hello, I'm using push-es with Xperia Go phone, and it works like a charm!

I use Live Notifier app for this and created virtual device which have buttons for my needs - temperature is too low, garage door has been opened etc..

Hello, I'm using push-es with Xperia Go phone, and it works like a charm!

I use Live Notifier app for this and created virtual device which have buttons for my needs - temperature is too low, garage door has been opened etc..

Could you please try to explain how you got it working? I have tried the following as it is mentioned on

Please login or register to see this link.

homepage, but had no luck:

POST /1/messages.json

Host: api.pushover.net

token=MYTOKEN&user=USERKEY&device=MYDEVICE&title=Test+Message&message=This+is+a+test+message.

0x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A

From what I understand, it is expecting a JSON or XML format. How did you get around that? Also what IP address and port are you using for pushover virtual device?

Thanks

Hi,

I am interested for that

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can you write a litlle tutorial plz?

Thx

Got it to work with the following settings in Virtual Device:

IP address: 184.154.74.158

Port:80

String to send:

POST /1/messages.json?token=APP_TOKEN&user=USER_KEYH&device=YOUR_DEVICE&title=Message+from+Home+Center&message=Something+happened. HTTP/1.1

Host: api.pushover.net

0x0D0x0A

Guest Lode
  • Inquirer
  • With my iphone i used prowl for notifications.

Now i have a samsung phone and i'm looking for a similar app.

In prowl you can choose between different sounds and there was a long alarm sound that i used for real alarms.

So for a normal notification i just used a push from fibaro with normal sound.

When i received a push from prowl (virtual device) i had that long alarm sound.

Live notifier doesn't have the option to choose a sound as far as i i can see, any ideas ?

Thx

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Guys please help me to understand how may I send pushover notifications from LUA?

For example I want to send a notification with status message once in a day.

The message should be like this: "System status ok. Temperature is 25C, alarm is armed, all doors closed"

I've made a virtual device with preset messages and a scene that pushes the virtual button every day at 12:00.

But the main question is how may I include different info to the virtual button string? Like temperature and status of alarm? I can use global var, combine all infor that I need to it, but I cannot send it.

Here is my simple code to send notification when temp in aqarium is wrong

Thank you!

But I'm interested in notifications by Pushover service because it is more powerful and there are different priority levels.

Just received an email saying that I'm using an old IP address for api.pushover.net.

Please note that it will be not working soon unless you update IP address of a virtual device to 108.59.13.232

Adding to this thread

In piotr.janiak post I want to know what these number :-(533,504,131,225,448)

refers to?

In piotr.janiak post I want to know what these number :-(533,504,131,225,448)

refers to?

Its ID of phone.

I am noticing that the notifications are not instant now with the new API and new IP address. My notifications came through instantly before but arrive a couple of minutes later with the new IP address.

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup pushover on my fibaro, but until now with no luck.

Please see pictures attached. Can anyone see the error?

Thanks!

Regards

Please login or register to see this attachment.