Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Merten 2-gang radio button + Merten in general

Guest AxelS

Question

Guest AxelS

Hi Forum,

does anyone get the Z-Wave switches from Merten running?

I´ve several 2 gang wall switches (Merten 505214), roller shutter, Merten Move and so on.

Running 3.517 on the HC2, when I try to add the switches to the system, HC found them but do not configure them probably (they are recognized as remote control 507219). I´m not able to set associations because the area in die config is empty.

Also I can not set parameters - seems that the buttons fall asleep the hole time or that the config isn´t saved properly.

What is the right value for the data type? 1d, 2d or 4d?

Thanks for any advice.

BG

Axel

Please login or register to see this attachment.

15 answers to this question

1d -> value 0-255

2d -> value 0-65535

4d -> value 0-16777215

all of them are lower then 255 then that will be 1d

Guest AxelS
  • Inquirer
  • Hi,

thanks for that. Have you also an idea for the missing association problem?

AxelS, try get "configure to factory reset" and then wake up maybe first time he was not hear frame with association

AxelS, do you have any luck with these switches?

I'm fighting with same problem. My switches is schneider, but these are same as merten.

They are also recognized as remote control, and i can't get them work.

I wrote about a little over a year ago, but I never received a reply.

Please login or register to see this link.

Guest AxelS
  • Inquirer
  • Hi Mitam,

sorry just seen your reply - and NO. There seems to be no way to get these switches and shutters running.

Roller shutter: No association can be set or it just do nothing

Roller shutter: Only able to full close or open, not able to set it for examble to 50%

Dimmer switch: No association can be set

Switch: No association can be set

all battery driven switches (Move or 4 Gang): recognized but without any function - not even able to set any association because the hole "Area" in the config panel is missing

Merten/Schneider switches are very common in germany but togehter with HC2 it´s more than disappointing

BR

Axel

Hi AxelS, and thank's for your answer.

It's really a shame that these switches do not work.

maybe fibaro guys can do something about it

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

By the way. Can i configure HC2 so, that for example FGS-211 shows in HC2, and then directly associate merten switch to control that relay?

I think that I can not do so.

Guest AxelS
  • Inquirer
  • So Fibaro?

Any news on this? I´ve now also tried the cheap Düwi battery driven wall switch -> and the outcome is the same.

Why is it so difficult to support this kind of devices??

Axel

No news about the Merten switches?

I´m using the 507601 (2-gang) version 2.2 with HC3.600. Basic ON/OFF functionality ok

Only thing I did was a straight forward inclusion. The Merten device was brand new. HC2 did not see it the first time, but second attempt worked with out a glitch at 3 meters range.

I have 507219 (4-gang) version 1.8 with HC3.600. Have it included but can not do anything more. How did you fix it?

I also have the Merten 507219 and can't get get them to work on HC 3.590. Can include them and set associations but nothing happens when I push the buttons. I realy want it to work because I have other Merten switches and wall outlets in my house and also this is a real nice looking wall switch.

Paul, I have the same as Peter. Can set associations but it does not work. Have you solved it any other way?

I haven´t used association. so far I will test it later, but at the moment the device is not used/installed (since I´m making some adjustments to the electric wiring servicing my bathroom).

I am new here, so reviving this old thread. I have the same issue: I have got my Schneider/Merten switch associated to some Fibaro Dimmer 2's, looks fine in HCL, associations are saved to device, but when I press the button it lights up green, but nothing turns on . If I associate the switch with my AEOtec Smart Switch 6, it works like it should. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?