Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

floor heating

prello23

Question

I am setting um floor heating system and want to use 8 Danfoss living connect z located in the garage and 8 Fibaro Door/Window Sensor temperature sensor located 8 rooms. How do i set the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor as measuring point for the danfoss living connect.

11 answers to this question

Guest Kuuno

hi

danfoss LC is not for floor heating but for radiators only

get 220v motors for controlling the valves and 2x1,5kw relay modules linked to d/w sensors

Guest jrkalf
What kind of motor can you show me

I have district/community heating in my area of the village. Which means no gas, or central heating system in my house. Just hot water flowing through the street and tapping into that.

I have a honeywell valve with a thermostat on/off switch to it.

So if you combine this with simple FGS211 it'll probably enough.

What it'll do is you'll connect one of the lead wires out of this device to the Load in, and the blue one to the load out. It'll pass the current through to the valve and it'll open the valve. Any time the valve looses power it'll automatically close.

Please login or register to see this link.

Sorry for the dutch page, but that's the valve I have: VC8615AJ1100

I hope this helps

Guest jrkalf

Looking at that picture it looks like every floor heating flow has it's own valve?

The problem with the Danfuss system you'll have is that the temperature sensor is in the head of the device and you're having the floor heating done somewhere else. So while the garage may be 5 to 6 degrees celcius, the living room can boil up to 35 degrees because the temperature sensor is in the living garage. That's going to be a tough one.

• Inquirer
  • Cant i let door/window sensor be the measuring point for the danfoss LC because the fits on the danfoss floor heating system

Guest Kuuno

on the picture you have danfoss valves NOT the danfoss LC1 valves

you need something like this:

Please login or register to see this link.

we sell them for ~30eur +shipping

regards

Kuuno

I don't think that danfoss will work in this case.

Danfoss is temperature sensitive and will pickup the temperature at the location of the unit not in the room that you are going to control.

At the unit location temperature is always high.

I have a similar system in my house.

Heating is always set at the same set-point. In the night and when I'm away I just control the motor power.

and when it becomes to cold when I'm away the water pump power will be set on..

Guest jrkalf

That last link Prello won't work for now. That would mean you'd have to make a virtual device link to the HC2.

From what I'm experimenting with my ELV FHT80b setup, I can't have the HC2 do this just yet. I'm still designing what bug report to send to Fibaro in order to get them to implement virtual heating devices.

The current virtual devices are somewhat... useless in my opinion. They're only buttons you can push, but they don't store any values for you. So you can't treat it like a heating device that can store the measured-temperature you retrieve from the external device. and you can't have the heating panel send information to the virtual device which then becomes translated to the external device.

So there's still a lot to work out. Perhaps in a future version of the hc2?

Any Admin comment from Fibaro

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_question.gif" alt=":?:" />

Guest PJ

The easiest and most stable solution is to use switches 2x1,5kW and valves such as these from Kuuno's link - combined with Fibaro Door/Window Sensor (temp. measurement) located in every room.

Switches and valves are mains powered, so you don't even have problem with batteries like in Danfoss. After that you just have to create heating schedule for all rooms.