Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Forest Shuttle motorized curtain tracks with Z-Wave

rb338

Question

Today I have ordered a Forest Shuttle motorized curtain track. As an optional extra I have ordered the Forest Z-Wave receiver as well.

I can't find if the Fibaro HC2 actually supports this device. It seems simple enough, open/close, but want to make sure it is supported before they install it.

Does anyone have experience with Forest curtain tracks?

[ Added: 2013-06-28, 20:21 ]

For anyone who might be wondering:

Today the curtain track was installed and it was instantly discovered by HC2 and found as curtain device. Opening, closing, pausing, the slider, everything works. Excellent!

• Thanks 1

6 answers to this question

Awesome information. Forest Tracks seem to be exactly what I am looking for!

Could you please post some pictures, or better yet a video of your installation and how you operate them?

Where did you buy them and what was the price? is the Z-Wave interface an accessory or is it included?

• Inquirer
  • I bought it at my local curtain shop. The Z-Wave module is an optional extra, I believe it's priced around € 60. The rail itself is priced around € 600, but it depends on length and number of bends.

I've made a little movie of my curtain closing using the Fibaro app:

I bought it at my local curtain shop. The Z-Wave module is an optional extra, I believe it's priced around € 60. The rail itself is priced around € 600, but it depends on length and number of bends.

Thank you!

Looks really good, I've e-mailed them to see if they have any distributors in Sweden.

Could you take a printscreen of what configuration variables you have available for that device please?

I bought it at my local curtain shop. The Z-Wave module is an optional extra, I believe it's priced around € 60. The rail itself is priced around € 600, but it depends on length and number of bends.

Is it possible to have curtains either side of the window and they are drawn o the centre with the Forest Shuttle M kit ?

rb338, slick curtain installation you got there. Is the zwave module sold by them? Any branding? or just some zwave module they created for their curtain? Anyway how much did you spend on the set of curtain on your youtube video?

On 5/29/2013 at 9:05 PM, rb338 said:

Today I have ordered a Forest Shuttle motorized curtain track. As an optional extra I have ordered the Forest Z-Wave receiver as well.

I can't find if the Fibaro HC2 actually supports this device. It seems simple enough, open/close, but want to make sure it is supported before they install it.

Does anyone have experience with Forest curtain tracks?

[ Added: 2013-06-28, 20:21 ]

For anyone who might be wondering:

Today the curtain track was installed and it was instantly discovered by HC2 and found as curtain device. Opening, closing, pausing, the slider, everything works. Excellent!

Thanks for the info. 

do you mind me asking what country your in? We have received the first of these in Aus and the HC2 can’t see them to add. I do t have the Forest Zwave receiver. What’s its purpose  if we alreDy have the hc2?

perhaps I need it?