Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Danfoss Link HR or PR to increase range

Guest kubeksrubek

Question

Guest kubeksrubek

Hi

Does anybody tried use Danfoss Link HR or PR to increase range of Danfoss thermostat?

5 answers to this question

Any device in the network that has a constant power (sow one that extends the range) helps for the Danfoss also. So this means any Fibaro, everspring, duwi helps. You don't need the Danfoss ones just for that

stevenvd, danfoss got only 1 jump so there will be problem with range on danfoss

Guest kubeksrubek
  • Inquirer
  • Hi

In users manual of Danfoss Link it's said that up to 3 range increase devices are allowed. Also I found that MiCasa Vera doesn't have limitation of "one jump". With this limitation I have some Danfoss thermostats out of range. The solution but expensive solution is to buy second HC2 and connect them (is it possible to connect hc2 with hc).

What is the general consensus on the Danfoss units in combination with HC2? Do they work as intended (apart from the 1-hop link inside the mesh apparently)? This is because I currently have a controller that eats through it's batteries within a week, so besides being an expensive hobby, it's also very annoying since you never know what unit has given up now.

In short; is the HC2 climate panel (and the system as a whole) stable enough to use it for my interior climate in combination with a fibaro relay and the Danfoss units? Can I expect to at least have my batteries survive over the winter (using for instance a 10min wake-up interval)?

Do I still need a separate relay for each heating zone, or has this been fixed by now?

My conclusion is: Danfoss must be in direct range with HC2.

Admittedly, it is using intermediate modules, and routing thru them (at least thru one module), but than .. it hears one of the HC2 frames, somewhere on the edge of range. O, I see HC2 controller!!! Next it tries to communicate directly with HC2, which of course fails (we are on edge of the range).

Than it realizes: "I'm lost", and begins its magic, i.e. asking all the 232 modules about their node info, God knows what for. In this 2-3 minutes, when Danfoss is blinking alarm and antenna icons, do not try to do anything with it - adding or removing from network is futile. After a few minutes module shuts display off and goes to sleep.

Now, if you take it from its place, bring into radio range of HC2 and awake it - communication will be immediate and smooth.

Of course, that communication storms from Danfoss, are not especially good neither for its batteries, nor for z-wave network efficiency.