Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Time interval between 23:00-8:00 ?

martinpreiss

Question

Hi I want to put my lights at 30% if it's night between 23:00 and 8:00 in my whole house, so if somebody turn on the light it's just on at 30%. Will be nice to be able to override it with double click but for start will be nice to be able to set interval.

In the Scene Blocks timers the timers can run a scene from till every hour or minutes, on specific day of week, on month day and once. I can see option for

IF somebody or something TURN ON LIGHT, AND it is BETWEEN 23:00 and 5:00 THEN SET LIGHTS on 30%

Thanks for help

15 answers to this question

I think this could work:

1. Create a scene that sets a variable to 1 when it's night. A second scene set the variable to 0 when it's day (could probably be combined in one scene with LUA but I'm not skilled on that).

2. Create a third scene that checks if the light is on and if the night variable is 1 then set the light to 30%.

You need to create a Global Vairabel: "Sleeping"

first scene:

Please login or register to see this code.

second scene:

You need to fill in all your lights after %% properties (I put 2 samples)

Didn't test it

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Inquirer
  • boerremk,

awesome! Thanks. Sleeping works. Lights work as well. Thank you very much!

Only a small issue... need manual override! If you press twice quickly the switch, light will go to 100%...

How about to set 100% in all other instances after 8am till 23pm?

You have to activate parameter 41 (sceneactivation)

I used almost the same approach. When you use predefined variables they can be used for so much more. For instance you don't always go to bed at 23:00...

Also there is less mistakes that you can make.

* one for presentstate: Away, Home, Holiday. (can be set through scenes, remote on keys or whatsoever).

* One for timeofday: Morning, day, evening, night. (Morning is set in a scene at sunrise, day in a scene at 12:00, evenening in a scene at 18:00, night at 00:00) This never changes!

* One for sleepstate: Awake, sleeping. For your question the last two are most important.

This one you set when you go to sleep. So it can be 4 in the morning but when you didn't go to bed the lights still turn on normal

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I use an alarm clock with a button on the side. (

Please login or register to see this link.

, or build one yourself:

) I press it whenever I go to sleep and this sets the variable, switches off some lights and turns on the night alarm.

Now in the morning when the alarm clock goes off, it will trigger a scene aswell! The alarm turns off, sleep mode goes to awake and my lights in the bedroom turn on slightly.

Now to set the value for your lights, simply check if it is evening or night and sleepstate is sleeping then you set it to 30 percent orso.

Else you set it to 100...

The reason I use this amount of predefined variables whit scenes that changes them is because your system becomes really flexible. Many other scenes can just check if you are at home, what moment of the day is it and if you are sleeping.

Good luck

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Don't have scene activation on dimmer.

I have it.... and also use it

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FGD211 Dimmer, version 1.9

I used almost the same approach. When you use predefined variables they can be used for so much more. For instance you don't always go to bed at 23:00...

Also there is less mistakes that you can make.

* one for presentstate: Away, Home, Holiday. (can be set through scenes, remote on keys or whatsoever).

* One for timeofday: Morning, day, evening, night. (Morning is set in a scene at sunrise, day in a scene at 12:00, evenening in a scene at 18:00, night at 00:00) This never changes!

* One for sleepstate: Awake, sleeping. For your question the last two are most important.

This one you set when you go to sleep. So it can be 4 in the morning but when you didn't go to bed the lights still turn on normal

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I use an alarm clock with a button on the side. (

, or build one yourself:

) I press it whenever I go to sleep and this sets the variable, switches off some lights and turns on the night alarm.

Now in the morning when the alarm clock goes off, it will trigger a scene aswell! The alarm turns off, sleep mode goes to awake and my lights in the bedroom turn on slightly.

Now to set the value for your lights, simply check if it is evening or night and sleepstate is sleeping then you set it to 30 percent orso.

Else you set it to 100...

The reason I use this amount of predefined variables whit scenes that changes them is because your system becomes really flexible. Many other scenes can just check if you are at home, what moment of the day is it and if you are sleeping.

Good luck

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do understand the variables (I only put the presentState and SleepState in the 1 presentstate *am I home -> yes but sleeping (or awake)). I also made a TimeOfDay devided in 4 parts (06:00 and 12:00 and 18:00 and 00:00).

But what if I need "betweentime"? For example: if time is between 15:00 and 17:00.

I can find all kinds op predefined Sunset/rise, days of week, exact time.....

How do I create a scene with time is between x and y?

Hi Stevenvd,

I like the system you have used with the variables and I have made them myself but I have another one for the light in my daughters room. She has a wakeup light so that she knows when it is time to get out of bed (to give her a sense of time). It works perfectly except that sometimes she is a bit more tired and I would like to let her sleep a little bit longer. I would like to be able to disable the scene for the wakeup light by a virtual device (from my phone).

I made a variable with two states and I would like to change those states with a button from my phone. Does anyone know what code I need to put on the buttons to change the state of a variable and show me the state? I tried many things but they did not work for me.

thanks in advance

Aaron

@HA Tester:

I have been looking for this as well. The only thing that I can think of is to create this in a LUA Script.... which is not very beautifull...

@ SilverApe:

You can set a variable in the virtual Device with LUA code like this:

@stevenvd, It worked. I had something similar but that did not work

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

thanks for you quick response.

greetings,

Aaron

@HA Tester:

I have been looking for this as well. The only thing that I can think of is to create this in a LUA Script.... which is not very beautifull...

I was already afraid to get that answer.

So my conclusion is that for a person with programming experience this system might be powerfull, For a simple enduser like me it is not quite usefull.

But thx anyway Steven

But what if I need "betweentime"? For example: if time is between 15:00 and 17:00.

One option that involves not a lot of effort...

create a variable "betweentime"

download this

paste in a scene

in the add section after -- add these

You can add as many globals as you need and schedule when you need all in this single scene + any other scheduled events.

Lots of options and you do not need to be a programmer as plenty on here willing to share and help.

good luck

One option that involves not a lot of effort...

create a variable "betweentime"

download this

paste in a scene

in the add section after -- add these

You can add as many globals as you need and schedule when you need all in this single scene + any other scheduled events.

Lots of options and you do not need to be a programmer as plenty on here willing to share and help.

good luck

Thx robert, really appreciate the help.