Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problem to understand how works scenes with multiple trigger

Guest cedriclocqueneu

Question

Guest cedriclocqueneu

Hi,

I'm trying to do a scene to open my blinds at different hour if i work or no.

First, i have a variable "Aujourdhui" with value 0 if i work or 1 if i'm in holidays (or week end).

This point is ok.

After this, i make a scene like this:

Please login or register to see this image.

I i work ("Aujourdhui" = 0) and at sunrise, then blinds must open (here it's only a notification by mail to test).

But this scene doesn't work :/ If i check trigger "Aujourdhui", i receive an email at 1h (hour where the variable is updated). If i uncheck, nothing happens.

Same problem with the second scene for holidays/week end days:

scene_ouverture_volets2.png

If i don't work, blinds must open at 9h.

Do you have an idea ?

Other question: Must i check "Start when Home Center 2 starts" for these scene, and why ?

2 answers to this question

Cedriclocqueneu,

"Start when Home Center 2 starts" ensures that your scene always works in the background, checks for triggers and activates output when all input conditions are true. If you uncheck this box, your scene will be active only when you call it through another scene or when you force it through the interface (web or app).

You also need to check the 'Triggering Variables' box if you want your variable "Aujourdhui" to become a valid trigger condition for your scene.

That should do it. If it doesn't work, make sure to save your scene (save button) at the bottom of the block window, then save it into HC2 with the blue disk on the right side of the interface, and restart HC2.

I used this type of scenes several times without any problem.

Hope this will help.

Guest cedriclocqueneu
  • Inquirer
  • Hi,

Today this scene seems work well, i only check "start with HC". But thanks for your help !