Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Best configuration for Danfoss valves

Quikdav

Question

Hi All

I installed 4 Danfoss valves 1 month ago and the battery are already low. What is the best configuration to preserve battery. I set a wake up time to 300 for each one

Just for information, what is the difference between Polling time interval and Wake up interval ?

Thanks

David

7 answers to this question

Change pooling in each device form "0" to ""

It means that HC is not pooling it to check if dead but only contacts on regular wake up intervals or when there is a need from a heating panel.

Batteries will last "forever"

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

• Inquirer
  • Change pooling in each device form "0" to ""

It means that HC is not pooling it to check if dead but only contacts on regular wake up intervals or when there is a need from a heating panel.

Thanks for the reply..

So that means Polling interval is an interval managed by HC2 and wake up interval is managed by the device itself ?

Change pooling in each device form "0" to ""

I have set 0 in central z wave conf and each device has empty polling time interval, wake up interval is set to 3600 and still all my batteries die exactly on the same time in 6 weeks!

I have 11 of them...

Using expencive batteries, using cheaper ones - not difference wahtsoever.

This is not normal

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That's strange. I use 600 for wake-up interval and " " for polling, batteries are still very strong after 3 months. They do at least 6 setpoint changes each day.

Only time when batteries die really fast, is when the the valve doesn't have a connection to the HC2. Then it enters panic mode (flashing signal indicator and bell) and the batteries are dead over 2 days. On another controller I had in the past this happened 4 times a month...

/emoticons/default_icon_evil.gif" alt=":evil:" />

Hi

I have 6 danfoss valves v2.51. I successfully paired them with HC. After short time all of them went to panic mode(flashing signal indicator and bell), but HC can still normaly communicate with them. I would like to get rid of the panic mode, because I noticed quick battery drain on valves. Am I doing something wrong when pairing or is there some setting...?

sheky, try use wakeup bigger and not that same that will help

danafoss 1 900 wakeup

danfoss 2 1000 wakeup etc