Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

DVR Support - Avermedia NV5000

chrisv_s

Question

Hi,

I run an Avermedia NV5000 DVR for my CCTV system. This uses standard analogue composite cameras. Is there support to grab the camera streams from this device in the same way as IP cameras? I believe it is possible somehow as I have an App on the iPad called IP Cam Viewer that allows me to view individual camera channels over HTTP.

Has anyone had any success with doing something like this? Any support with this would be most appreciated.

Chris

[ Added: 2013-11-24, 22:59 ]

UPDATE:

I have successfully got JPEGs to work by digging around a bit more on the internet and finding the right path to use. I have copied this into both JPEG and MJPG paths so can see a static image on the PC (not showing on the phone however). Can anyone help with getting a live stream?

1 answer to this question

I was looking at the possibility of doing the same sort of thing.

I've not yet bought a DVR setup though and currently have WiFi IP cams.

I had my eye on something like

Please login or register to see this link.

for the DVR unit.

If you go to your web browser and access the DVR IP address and see the cams, can you pres right mouse button and get the image to open in a new tab. Then you'll have the direct URL to the cameras stream hopefully.

I'm currently assuming you can then pass that path in to HC2 as the source.

Let me know how you get on ! Or if you have already tried this and no joy.

[ Added: 2014-02-15, 14:14 ]

Got any further with your DVR chrisv_s ?

Having spoken to a friend who has recently purchased a CCTV DVR he confirmed my concern, that the web browser based viewer for the CCTV camera feeds is all ActiveX. So that's not going to work on any of my Mac machines.

[ Added: 2014-02-15, 15:41 ]

For anybody else wondering what urls to put in to HC2 for their DVR cameras check out

Please login or register to see this link.