Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Still dead nodes in this version?

marcel

Question

I still have dead nodes. a few beta versions ago it was solved, but they are all over the place again... Problem for the scenes as they do not complete and especially a problem for the more special tasks like floor heating control.... Anyone a suggestion?

• Answers 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I've used this script, I don't know where I found it on this forum. But in my experience it works very nicely.

As the script works, it indicates that the nodes are not dead. It really proves that there is an issue as they recover with no reconfiguration or change in routing.

At some point in time, communication to and from a procedure in the software is not working via the rest of the software stack, the z-wave controller, the network and the device in a timely fashion. When the script runs, communication must be back to normal or it would not work.

so frustrating ... an intermittent issue. As so many have this issue it can not all be environmental.

Strange, I never have dead node's. Am I just a lucky guy, or what .......

I have running 27 nodes running.

You are lucky. I hope you have not spoken too soon.

Would love to understand the difference. Are you willing to share your config?

Strange, I never have dead node's. Am I just a lucky guy, or what .......

I have running 27 nodes running.

You are lucky. I hope you have not spoken too soon.

Would love to understand the difference. Are you willing to share your config?

Robmac, what would you like to see? I have the HC2 toolkit, so if you want me to PM you something, you name it.

Just the report from toolkit would be good.

I am just prototyping a database and if it looks like it will show something, I will create a loader and analytics app.

Thanks

Guest Kuuno

When we talk about dead nodes theneveryone should post floor plans w module locations and wall material. This has huge effect on dead nodes...

Here on the polish forum you can find a new version of "dead wake up" script that only starts when triggered by a dead device. I hope you can translate the tekst from polish (using i.ex. google) as I don't have time now to translate it into english.

Please login or register to see this link.

I confirm for me, richo code works perfectly:

Please login or register to see this code.

Of course you need to make corrections regarding your system.

• Inquirer
  • It is just normal with fibaro. When they say nothing, somthing is going to happen.

I noticed that a few times Shad.....

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

[ Added: 2013-11-26, 22:24 ]

There are signs for new beta everywhere yes. Quite interesting things actually

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

Like ?

/emoticons/default_icon_razz.gif" alt=":-P" />

Why are you talking about nice things/fetures to be added to the new BETA version? I would just like a stable version first, thats all please....

Other question: It looks like my fibaro dimmers are (power)dipping, sometimes a few times per minute. Anyone having this issue with this beta version?

I confirm for me, richo code works perfectly:

Code:

--[[

%% properties

13 dead

17 dead

21 dead

22 dead

23 dead

now that gives me an idea ...

test lots of other nodes to check if it is all nodes are blocked or just the one being marked dead

+ possibly check what scenes are running when a node go dead

+ possibly check what scenes are running when a node go dead

It's true that most often dead nodes appear when the scene is trying to use a device. Usually if you have many commands one after another for many devices. I try to use some sleep time (1sec) between the commands, it helps a bit.

Anyway dead nodes still appear ...

Why are you talking about nice things/fetures to be added to the new BETA version? I would just like a stable version first, thats all please....

Other question: It looks like my fibaro dimmers are (power)dipping, sometimes a few times per minute. Anyone having this issue with this beta version?

Since I remove a very simple scene who detect presence send snapshot to xbmc and blink red on my led strip I have no more problem for 13 days.

So I would like to say is not bad.

Thanks

[ Added: 2013-12-03, 10:48 ]

Have done a bit more testing on new beta and issue is still there.

Anyone else?

I know it is not range thanks to new fibaro wall plug.

nodes that get marked dead all wake immediately and switch fast when HC2 is working normally.

Have a scene logging when the nodes are marked dead and testing some nodes near hc2 when any node fails.

I have certainly found that when nodes are marked other nodes are non responsive to commands. I suspect dead nodes and random slowdowns/lockups might be connected.

• Inquirer
  • ... Only the switches from Fibaro become dead nodes ALL THE TIME and ALL OVER THE PLACE. But I can say that the Danfoss Valves never! show as dead... Anyone else having the same?

Marcel try to switch off all Your Danfoss Valves and then there will be no problem with dead nodes. It is becouse Danfoss try to find the way to controller (HC2) and it ask every device if this is HC2. It generates big traffic,that's why You have dead nodes.

Marcel try to switch off all Your Danfoss Valves and then there will be no problem with dead nodes. It is becouse Danfoss try to find the way to controller (HC2) and it ask every device if this is HC2. It generates big traffic,that's why You have dead nodes.

Don't say something that is not true. I know a number of users that have no Danfoss at all and still have dead nodes.

[ Dodano: 2013-12-10, 00:37 ]

... Only the switches from Fibaro become dead nodes ALL THE TIME and ALL OVER THE PLACE. But I can say that the Danfoss Valves never! show as dead... Anyone else having the same?

It seems that HC just doesn't mark them as dead even if you take off the battery

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

robmac - try to set polling time to 0 (from z-wave menu under configuration).

robmac - try to set polling time to 0 (from z-wave menu under configuration).

Hi Lauri,

That indeed reduces the frequency of times you spot the issue but then you would expect that as it reduces the traffic.

That is a bit like the code in HC2 that ensures you can not set poll to too low a value based on network size. It treats a factor to the regularity of the symptom. I am not convinced it is the root cause.

Taking that approach to the limit you could also turn HC2 off, you would never see the dead nodes but then it would not do all the good things that it can do either;-)

I still look forward to a proper fix.

robmac,

Still the same with my installation

/emoticons/default_icon_cry.gif" alt=":cry:" />

I have developed a lot of bypasses to limit the problem with devices that are not switched on/off because of that but it's a waste of time. Still new dead nodes appear...

I've heard that Fibaro is working on a new z-wave engine !? But officially nothing has improved in that matter yet.

Don't say something that is not true. I know a number of users that have no Danfoss at all and still have dead nodes.

Why do You think it is not true? Danfoss Valves makes the bigger impact in Z-wave engine if they are not able to connect with controller. I am not going to say that everytime You habe dead nodes it is Danfoss fault. But they "help" to make other modules dead (making big traffic in z-wave engine) and that is true!