Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Still dead nodes in this version?

marcel

Question

I still have dead nodes. a few beta versions ago it was solved, but they are all over the place again... Problem for the scenes as they do not complete and especially a problem for the more special tasks like floor heating control.... Anyone a suggestion?

• Answers 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Antenna has changed system I would not go back to normal antenna now!

I finally installed the antenna, but it made no difference at all. I found that very surprising, but what did make a difference was moving the HC2 to a more central location in my house.

My HC2 has been installed in 4 different locations now. The current location is the most central in the house and compared to the last location it is the most stable. To put it into context my count of dead node emails has dropped from about 150 per day down to less than 10. This is after less than a week of operation so it is not definitive but it’s much better than what I had.

The point I am trying to make is think about where your HC2 is located. I have over 100 powered modules so I assumed that the HC2 on the 2nd story of my house would work just fine communicating with the ground floor, but it doesn’t! Moving the HC2 to the 1st floor has changed everything.

It’s not perfect and it does not resolve all dead node issues (I look forward to a stable release of version 4 to see if it resolves all issues) but it’s a step in the right direction. It’s also a lesson that I should not have solely relied on the mesh network capability. Positioning is important regardless of how many nodes you have.

Hi all

This may be more important than we think. I had a few dead nodes per day and changed the timing on my Danfoss TRVs by making then wake a second apart. This improved things a lot but I still got the odd dead node. Then I just rotated my HC2 by 90 degrees. I have not had a dead node since. I am on version 3.591

Brian

hi all,

i installed my home center this weekend, and today i saw that some devices where dead.

when i click on them to wake them up, the ac powered ones did, but the battery powered ones not.

one of them is a door sensor, it does work there is only a cross trough it in my home center.

i set yes to ''do not mark as dead'' but the cross doesn't disapear.

Is there an other way to remove the cross? because it is anoying on the temperature sensors, they still work but it is harder to read the value.

The issue with dead nodes is likely very rarely related to an actual signal strength issue.

The logic in HC2 to mark nodes as dead is simply flawed.

You can easily trigger this by removing e.g. a wall plug (that is placed 2 meters from the HC2) at the right moment and put it back a couple of seconds later. Boom, dead! If you're lucky it will come back a couple of days later. Sometimes not. Don't tell me this is because the antenna is bad or that my tiny z-wave network is congested (Fibaro standard response to this issue).

Mines crap as well past caring, don't do anything with it now turn it on and off every now and again... The whole experience has put me off ever automating again!

Oh well rant over I'm not allowed to voice my opinion on here upsets to many sheep!

but like i said what i find most strange is that for example my temperature/moisture sensor from everspring is marked dead but it does work as you can see on the graphic bellow

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Guest gembrain
Mines crap as well past caring, don't do anything with it now turn it on and off every now and again... The whole experience has put me off ever automating again!

I take it the change of aerial you mentioned earlier made little difference after all?

Guest shapa

Just to update

With Indigo6, I don't have any dead nodes for a few months already. About ~140 devices. Screenshot attached.

Yes, all devices (unsupported by HC2) works perfectly well. It is really funny to see that Fibaro v4 do not support Danfoss valves properly. Heating? What heating?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

With HC2 + 2xHCL I had dead nodes every day (it was the reason to buy HCL as with HC2 only the network was extremely unreliable).

I received repaired HC2 recently, upgraded to latest beta with "shiny new z-wave engine", added just a few battery powered devices (3m and 4m from HC2) and guess what?

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)) dead nodes.

Yep, un-f...g-believable

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fibaro developers are outstanding. First place. From the end

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Conclusion: don't waste your time.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Think you may get reprimanded for the above

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

[ Added: 2014-11-18, 15:46 ]

I take it the change of aerial you mentioned earlier made little difference after all?

Only beta my friend 3.951 was fine!