Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Ipad wall mount power supply

Guest Lode

Question

Guest Lode

Is there some connector on the market to connect the ipad connector to 220v ?

I have 220v cables in the wall just where i want to mount my ipad.

I don't want to see any cables but constant power supply to the ipad.

How did you do it ?

17 answers to this question

Guest Lode
  • Inquirer
  • THAT'S IT !!

Thank you very much !!

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

Hello Guys, I wanted to share with you a good idea to avoid holes in the walls, support from rest on furniture, in my opinion, simple and elegant. What do you think??

Have a nice day

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I like the idea, but in my opinion it is even nicer when it is a dedicated device which shouldn't be in the way.

I have mine in a metal casing on the wall. I only use it for music streaming to my stereo (soon to be Sonos

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and Fibaro app.

The wire is now not that visible

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To honest, I think it is overkill and way to expensive to use ipads for this purpose - especially as I don't really think the fibaro app is very sleek for home integration. I've ordered 8 pce of 7" tablets to act as single room controllers and a 10,1" tablet to act as an access panel at the front door for all off and alarm panel (they cost less in total than one of my iPads). Everything controlled by a custom web interface I've built myself. These will be mounted on some homemade metal brackets with a hidden powercable. I will also create some slimline brushed stainless steel panels for a more sleek look. Check out my ongoing project for a little more insight. IMHO that is a much better solution than an expensive iPad with a bloated app with far to many button pushs! Single push activation should be the goal of any home automation app!

I agree Dalle, but up to now iPad was the only option available since there is no Android tablet app available and nobody has made something like you did until now. Although I currently only only have Apple devices (and a lot I might add), I agree that Android will be the way to go if you want many room controllers against affordable costs.

Do you know if there is an option on android to make the web-interface get more of an appliance feel, eg: if you could loose the browser-appearance and make it work full-screen?

If you look in my project thread, there is a mockup of my setup. I will simply be employing a full screen browser... And once I have the time, I might try to build a simple app for android consisting of a very simple webkit browser with no buttons and full screen. But as my interface isn't completely done and i'm still working on integrated settings in the interface and i have yet to implement user access restrictions and alarm function, this very far down my list... Especially as I have to learn android programming first

/emoticons/default_icon_cool.gif" alt="8-)" />

But the endgoal is a very sleek fully integrated full screen display.

one quite smart iPad wall mount is

Please login or register to see this link.

It's a) detachable b) with inductive power (!)

So you can use ipad as normal tablet and also put it on wall..

Alex57, 200$ for wall mount...

yes, i know.

Just to inform people of options...

BTW, it's only one wireless charge solution I know for Ipads so far..

Alex57, wireless charger isn't good for battery so I prefer other

It's other solution for ipad 1-3

Please login or register to see this link.

viperlodz,

Li-On battery does not have "memory effect", so wireless charge is equal to constant AC/dock/etc..

Can you tell what exactly your worries?

p.s. I have Nexus 4, Galaxy S4 and iphone 4 on QI wireless charges for 1.5 years.. It's real nice solution.

Alex57, I also have Nexus 4.

Yes Li-On battery doesn't have memory effect, but read about how this charger works and read some article about it. I have some information, but in polish version.

After an year your battery will be smaller and smaller, because you charge with induction.

Maybe they do something with this but if you change your phone after 1,5 year you can use qi;)

viperlodz,

Li-On battery does not have "memory effect", so wireless charge is equal to constant AC/dock/etc..

It is actually not quite equal, because wireless charging generates more heat than wired charging, which is not that good for Li-Ion.

I don't quite understand why that mount is even builded to use wireless charging. It could have been built with wired contacts without any effects to usability. But with great benefits when thinking about battery life (heat).