Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Notifications

StarkJohan

Question

1. Is it possible to get the content of a predefined notification in LUA?

2. Is it possible to change the value of a notification on the fly via LUA?

3. What is the difference between global and defined? Se code below:

Please login or register to see this code.

StarkJohan,

Following code:

Sends/Pushes "Predefined" notification number 1 to to your device id 15.

You SHOULD define notification text in "Notifications" panel and then you can use blocks to create scene with it. You can not have idea of lua script, if you want.

This code sends text "Push test". It can be changed to any variable. It can be used only in LUA script editor, not by blocks.

IMHO.

"sendGlobalPushNotifications" i don't know.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks. I didn't know about the possibility to push manually.

I also found out how to send email manually:

That's all fine and dandy but doesn't answer my questions. Is is possible to get and/or change defined notifications via LUA?

I've setup my own sms-gateway and I would like to be able to access predefined notifications, that way I could "replace" the missing SMS function.

What do you mean by "defined notifications"?

Check Notification Panel

Please login or register to see this image.

There you can create as many as you need notifications, and then choose them in device properties or in scene block editor or in your code.

He wants to do it in LUA

Not sure if it is possible....

i do it like this, easy to change text, variable etc.

• Inquirer
  • Yes, I know. These are the predefined notifications. I can manually edit them and that is fine but not what I'm asking.

I would like to know if it is possible to get these predefined notifications into a LUA script so that I can use the notifications any way I want and not just the standard push/email commands (which I know how to do in LUA).

E.g. something like this:

and/or this

Do you see what I mean?

no, i can't understand.

Can you describe whole idea?

"I come home, turn on dimmer1 and then my wife get push notification" is done via usual way

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Inquirer
  • Long story short. I have an sms gateway virtual device used in this way:

This sends an sms via the gateway. I can use any message I want but I would like to use the predefined ones if possible. That way I could send sms notifications straight from the block scenes without using LUA and that would be more user friendly.

StarkJohan,

Have you ever received any "predifened SMS" from your HC2? I guess there is none.

All text should be entered by admin.

Why you want to call them "notifications" instead of just variables?

You can edit global variables from interface, you can modify them in blocks, you can access them in scripts, is't it?

• Inquirer
  • Notifications setup in the notifications panel == predefined notifications. They are PREVOIUSLY DEFINED manually in the web GUI, not on the fly using LUA which is what I want to do. But mostly I just want to access them in LUA.

Global variables are set in the variables panel. These can be modified and accessed by LUA and block scenes. However, these CAN'T be STRINGS, only NUMBERS which is rather useless in this case.

Global predefined variables can be accessed but not changed by LUA. This could be an alternative in my case but that would not be as nice as to be able to use the "real" notifications.

If you still don't see what I mean, I give up.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Global variables are set in the variables panel. These can be modified and accessed by LUA and block scenes. However, these CAN'T be STRINGS, only NUMBERS which is rather useless in this case.

Global Variables can also be strings...change one of them i.e.x by fibaro:setGlobal("var", "string")

Before define var in variables panel.

• Inquirer
  • Cool, it actually works as richo states. Wonder if it's a bug in the GUI or what the intension with the globals really is.

Any way, that's another way to do this, just like using labels but still not quite what I'm asking. I guess modifying or using the predefined notifications wasn't fibaros intension. It would be nice to have these available as long as no SMS services are available in any other country than PL.

Kind a strange behavior. I can put text in global variable, and I can see that text in variables panel. But when I try to edit it - no luck, just digits allowed.

You can set the global variable with fibaro:setGlobal("test","string") and use it in LUA, but if you go to variables panel, edit, delete or add any variable, when you save, your global variable that is not numeric gets replaced with NaN (Not An Number).

It seems that Fibaro designed the variables to be ONLY numeric.

In my opinion, they are almost useless like this...

In my opinion, they are almost useless like this...

if you want to use a panel to edit strings in variables then agree, but if you use LUA it's a great tool. I use it for hundreds of reasons in different scenes

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

One of them i.ex. makes a log of all activated scenes with their names and places them in mysql database for analysis.

• Inquirer
  • BTW, it's possible to set a global var to a string from LUA but the var has to be previously declared. I cannot declare and set a new global var from LUA. I have to agree with MorpheusRO.

BTW, it's possible to set a global var to a string from LUA but the var has to be previously declared. I cannot declare and set a new global var from LUA. I have to agree with MorpheusRO.

Exactly! If you want to define a new variable, when you save it, all non numeric variables that you already have get reset...

/emoticons/default_icon_confused.gif" alt=":-?" />

Just found it:

Please login or register to see this link.

returns you the notifications

returns you one notification with it's texts

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

• Inquirer
  • Fantastic! Thanks a bunch.

HC2 is a pretty awesome system, I just hope that the documentation gets updated on all the available functions a.s.a.p.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" /> *hint hint* *nudge nudge*

Maybe a wiki-part of the forum would be helpful. That way we could document these "hidden" functions.

Yeah I was looking for the z-wave logs when you add or remove a device and then bumped into this. I rembered you searching for it. So it actaully took me some serious digging in the javascript to get it

/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I don't even think they hide it on purpose

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The logs are at:

I hadn't though of your way to use the notifications. But I think it is better than putting it in enums

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />