Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Danfoss LC-13 (014G0013) support in Fibaro HC2

lukas.polivka

Question

The new valves are available:

Please login or register to see this link.

• Has anyone done any large-scale testing / comparison to the older model (re: stability) already?
  • What are the recommended wake up/polling values for the new model?
  • What are the supported Z-Wave command classes supported? COMMAND_CLASS_CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE? COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CMD?

I have just one piece of both models connected here so here are just some details I copied from the HC2 interface in anyone is interested.

Old

Device kind: Thermostat

Device type: Danfoss Living Connect Thermostat

Producer: Danfoss

Version: 2.51

Configuration: Device configured

ID: 61

Advanced

Node ID: 19

Z-Wave protocol type: 6

Z-Wave protocol ver.: 2.67

New

Device kind: Thermostat

Producer: Danfoss

Version: 1.0

Configuration: Device configured

ID: 173

Advanced

Node ID: 55

Z-Wave protocol type: 6

Z-Wave protocol ver.: 3.67

8 answers to this question

Wow ! Thank you for this information, i also hope the support in V4

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Have you seen a better communication with z-wave Network ?

I hope Fibaro will implement this functionality of new Danfoss LC13 (from the manual)

/emoticons/default_icon_question.gif" alt=":?:" />

"The Danfoss device is operated by wireless commands from a Z-Wave controller. It is operated in two different modes:

Direct setting of Temperature Set Point by Controller. (Attention: There may be a delay in execution of a setpoint command due to the wakeup interval of the device. If the setpoint is to be changed at e.g. 16.00 and the wakeup interval is 15 minutes, make sure to send the command latest at 15.45)

Downloading of a whole weekly schedule into the device that will then regulate the heat independent of the controller. The device is capable holding a complete schedule with up to 9 different setpoints for each individual week day. The device will calculate the best time to start heating up or heating down.

The actual temperature setpoint is shown in the LCD display and can be overwritten by using the arrow keys on the device. This overwriting is temporary and only valid until the next change of the temperature setpoint (either triggered from external wireless command or from the internal downloaded schedule) becomes active."

Has anyone done any large-scale testing / comparison to the older model (re: stability) already?

What are the recommended wake up/polling values for the new model?

What are the supported Z-Wave command classes supported? COMMAND_CLASS_CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE? COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CMD?

+1 to all questions here.

The most interesting question for me though is the first one about stabilty. So once again:

/emoticons/default_icon_question.gif" alt=":?:" /> Has anyone compared the stability with the old device (may be on the same radiator and the same zwave network)?

/emoticons/default_icon_question.gif" alt=":?:" /> Any stability issues with new Danfoss?

I have a bunch of LC-12 and have had no problems at all (8 pce). What is the issue supposed to be? I have my own external heating scheduler script running, so the thermostats are updated several times a day with no issue what so ever.

I'm moving to a far bigger house in two munths, so I'll be needing another 10 therms and these will be LC-13. What is the issue to look for with the older versions?

Also If there is a stability issue, Danfoss will be liable under EU law for two years to remidy the problem... So if we have enough examples, then it's just a question of launching a case against them (the threat of an EU law suit should be enough).

Just bought HC2 and 11pc of Danfoss 014G0013 and now I'm also hoping that support of COMMAND_CLASS_CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE will be added to HC2 before winter

/emoticons/default_icon_rolleyes.gif" alt=":roll:" />

so Danfoss could use it for internal algorythms of heating prediction.

BTW. It would be nice to have more then 4 setpoints in heating panel (as Danfoss can support 9 setpoints in internal schadule).

Fibaro, please please us

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

I haven't totally digested the long beta thread and Danfoss issues ... Is COMMAND_CLASS_CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE now supported in the latest beta (hope so) ?

Kevin