Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeon Labs Multisensor not showing correct in HomeCenter

Guest erkadevil

Question

Guest erkadevil

Hello,

I have an issue with the sensor.

When listing the devices in the hme center web page, it only shows the motion, luminence and humidity. Not the temperature.

However: If I navigate to the motion sensor, it shows all three "subsensors" and if I click on the temperature sensor it displays the page with the sensor with the correct temperature and icon.

So the question is: Why does the homecenter not list that sensor with all the others? It is for instance not possible to use the temperature as "main temperature sensor". Home center only displays that there are not temperature sensors in the system! A bit strange.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do?

/Erik

3 answers to this question

Guest merylion
  • Inquirer
  • Hi,

Sometimes it happens.

First you can try to reconfigure device

go to device/advanced and down there is button called reconfiguration of device - click it

Then wake up device or wait for resending config data be patient

If this will not help then

Delete and then add device again.

Once device is added be patient and wait until it will receive all parameters from Aeon.

Sometimes it takes up to whole day to get device propertly configured in HC2

I have 5 Aeons and was adding it several times until it got configured propertly.

Now all works pretty good:)

Regards

Marcin

Guest erkadevil
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks I'll try. I have been a bit reluctant to remove/add it again since I had a hard time adding it properly the first time.

But I suppose its the best way to go, so I'll give it a shot again

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

When you add it, patience is the word. You need to enter learning mode, then fiddle with the button until it detects the device (i haven't figured the exact sequece out yet but 2 x 2 seconds seems to work for me). Then leave the device alone for 60 seconds and then push the button again. It should configure properly then... This worked in 2 out of 5 attempts. But truth be told, They are just a pain to configure!