Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Lux based triggers on HCL

Rami

Question

Just got my Fibaro multisensor and i wanted to make some lights scenes based on Lux in the room , mainly motion and XBMC lights , is that possible ?

which option should i pick from the menu if i wanted to trigger the lights only if lux is less than 9 ?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • boerremk, Thank you , it worked perfectly .

What I did:

- create a predefined variable "lightlevel" with values light and dark

- put the motion sensor in a place where it isnt influenced by artificial light

- create a scene "sunset" if motion sensor lux <= ON 20 and lightlevel = light then lightlevel = dark

- create a scene "sunrise" if motion sensor lux >= ON 20 and lightlevel = dark then lightlevel = light

This way the light level flips once in the evening and morning. You can then put scenes on other devices using if lightlevel = dark.

• Inquirer
  • CopyCatz, I think I'll do the same. Currently I'm still experimenting with scenarios either to create a variable or use the sensor directly. Had some progress with reporting intervals and light changes but still figuring it out.

I have done the same but have issues with the refresh times. I have changed them but still not very reliable and have concerns about battery life.

What parameters are you using?

• Inquirer
  • waveuk, Mainly depends on how much light you have in normal conditions ( day and night ) mine at daylight it's 55 LUX and at night when it's dark it's 0 . i don't need the motion to trigger the lights if there is light in the room already so i set it at 8 cause if there is little light it won't turn on . had some problems that if light changed slightly the scene triggers on it's own so i made the sensor not to report the light changes if it's less than 8 LUX so it doesn't trigger the scene each time specially that i made a couple of scenes other than motion triggers , lux based scenes if it's less than 7 then the lights is turned on and if it changed more than 30 ( i opened the curtains in day light ) the lights turns off

I have an Aeotec multisensor hanging outside. Whenever the light outside drops below a set level the lights in my living room turn on. When the outside light rises above a set level the lights turn off. This way the lights turn on in the evening when it gets dark, but they also turn on and off on a rainy day. You do not need the sunset and sunrise.

I tried this first with an indoor light sensor, but that did not work. The influence of the lights on the light sensor is to great (the indoor light levels are very low), specially when you have dimmers. At 50% they worked fine, but turn the light up to 100% and they suddenly were switched off by the sensor scene, and back on and off etc.

waveuk, Mainly depends on how much light you have in normal conditions ( day and night ) mine at daylight it's 55 LUX and at night when it's dark it's 0 . i don't need the motion to trigger the lights if there is light in the room already so i set it at 8 cause if there is little light it won't turn on . had some problems that if light changed slightly the scene triggers on it's own so i made the sensor not to report the light changes if it's less than 8 LUX so it doesn't trigger the scene each time specially that i made a couple of scenes other than motion triggers , lux based scenes if it's less than 7 then the lights is turned on and if it changed more than 30 ( i opened the curtains in day light ) the lights turns off

thanks very useful!! I didn't know that parameter about the PIR sensor being active only during the night.

I am checking with the LUX intervals. I determined Day/Night based on a sensor in a conservatory so during the day LUX reaches high levels. Not sure is best to trigger update based on LUX change or time. Based on LUX won't trigger any update during the night but many in the day.