Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Sonos with Fibaro

ydabbagh

Question

Hello,

I'm VERY new to this, my HC2 just arrived today and couldn't be more psyched. I have a question though, I already have a Sonos Play5, will that work with the HC2? If so, can you share how to go about doing that?

Thanks

Yasser

12 answers to this question

I heard that Sonos work perfectly with Vera.

Does Sonos Play5 has an IP address to itself? Maybe you can add it into HC2 as an virtual device?

Why don't you just wait for HomeCenter OS4 which is to include multimedia support (including Sonos)? I am... I wouldn't bother putting much work in adding Sonos as a virtual device when this feature is promised (more or less) to work OOB in a soon to be released update.

Hello,

Check this out:

Please login or register to see this link.

I used this code and it works great! Just look for the post with a link to a virtual device that you can import and just change the IP to your Sonos and you're up and running!

Why don't you just wait for HomeCenter OS4 which is to include multimedia support (including Sonos)? I am... I wouldn't bother putting much work in adding Sonos as a virtual device when this feature is promised (more or less) to work OOB in a soon to be released update.

SOON? Alpha release could be a while yet.

It won't be any time soon i think... Waiting for v4.x is like waiting for santa! If you want sonos support, create it using the guides on here. With a bit of basic programming knowledge it should be pretty straight forward to do.

[ Added: 2014-05-01, 11:52 ]

It won't be any time soon i think... Waiting for v4.x is like waiting for santa! If you want sonos support, create it using the guides on here. With a bit of basic programming knowledge it should be pretty straight forward to do.

Lack of Sonos integration was the reason I did not switch from HomeSeer (with a Sonos plugin) to a Home Center sooner. Now, Fibaro boasts Multimedia integration with a picture of a Sonos S5 in their advertisement materials. One should think it was right around the corner, if not already implemented...

• Inquirer
  • I got the api uploaded but I can't control the Play 5 from the HC2; however, when I play music from the sonos app, the status of the play 5 changes in HC2. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?