Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New to HC2 - addicting AEON Multisensor + LUX level readings

rajp

Question

Just got my HC2 and slowly adding different sensors and relays in.. I have Fibaro PIR sensor in the entrance hallway. I have the AEON multi sensor in ensuite. The Lux level readings are very different.. Are they supposed to be like that?? Have to say.. I wish adding the sensors to HC2 was made a little easy.. It seems that you keep trying trying and trying until you seems to accept that it has associated correctly.

Is there an easy and reliable way to add these sensors? I tried to add a second AEON multi sensor and after 6 attempts I have it associated but the sensor is showing 0 in all reading.. Very annoying..

Also, I am able to use my IPhone using the Fibaro app when at home but I am unable to connect as it is asking for a IP address. I don't have a static IP address but do use NOIP for my CCTV.. Anyway around this??

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Is there an easy and reliable way to add these sensors? I tried to add a second AEON multi sensor and after 6 attempts I have it associated but the sensor is showing 0 in all reading.. Very annoying..

I didn't have any problems with adding the 4-1 multisensors. Just follow the messages on screen when including the device. Remember to include the device in direct neighborhood of the HC2 controller for best results. Also don't be to fast, let the controller and device 'think' for a while. Be sure the inclusion screen closes by itself. If it doesn't try tapping the insidebutton three times.

When values are not update after a half hour, exclude the device and include the device again.

When the device is configured you can change parameters settings.

Link to tech manual:

Please login or register to see this link.

Also, I am able to use my IPhone using the Fibaro app when at home but I am unable to connect as it is asking for a IP address. I don't have a static IP address but do use NOIP for my CCTV.. Anyway around this??

Thanks

You can use the Fibaro remote server. Register an account at

Please login or register to see this link.

in the phone app you can use these settings at remote connection. Check in your HC2 settings if remote connections are allowed (LAN settings).

• Inquirer
  • Awesome.. that is what I was doing wrong.. wasn't waiting for the device to finsih.. didn't realise that it was still doing something..

Also.. thanks for the note on home.fibaro.com. That seems to have fixed it.. Much appreciated..

You're welcome

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

• Inquirer
  • Question on Locating the AEON in a bathroom.. So in my 2 bathrooms, is the AEON Multisensor capable of noticing movement in Shower cubicle? The Question is, if I put the AEON in 1 corner pointing to the general bathroom area, the PIR will pickup the movement of person inside the bathroom but what about inside the Shower? Is it capable of sensing movement inside the shower? The Cubicle has got Clear Glass doors.

What I am trying to understand here is how should I be setting up the scene in HC2 so that once the PIR has picked up movement, it will switch the light on using the Fibaro relay. Then it should keep the light on until there is no movement in bathroom and maybe 20 secs more. It should also switch the extractor fan on if the humidity level is above say 55% and keep that on until the level has dropped back to that. How can this scene be put together?

I would rather not put the Multisensor slap bang in the middle of the ceiling as it would look rather horrid.

Thanks

Raj