Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGSS001 smoke detector scene

pathduck

Question

Hi i have created some smoke detector scenes for sending push notifications via pushover. The reason i want to do this is because pushover allows for bypassing the android sound profile allowing me to activate an alarm sound on the device even if it is in silent mode.

I have created a scene for this and the pushover functionality is working. My problem is that it is only functional during breach and not when the smoke sensor detects smoke.

If i take the sensor out from its frame activating the brach alarm it will send a pushover notification. But when the sensor is exposed for smoke it will not send a notification, the sensor goes off and the Fibaro push message comes through but not on pushover.

What am i doing wrong? Is there another setting i need to use in the scene window, like open or close?

when i am exposing the sensor to test smoke it has not been in its frame, does it have to be?

After some more investigation it seems that 3 of my smoke sensors (wich i have tested) are not sending any signals to the controller. nothing is stated in the event panel. Also the B button is not very stable. pressing it in for the self test works but there is no way i can make the tripple click for wakeup. Seems like there is a problem with the spring function in the button and that it is not returning properly. i have to manually jiggle the button to release it again. anybody else experiencing this?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

I have a question about your software for HC2. Is it an alfa version? In 3.590 or 3.591 you should not be able to test smoke indication when the sensor is out of the mounting frame. This is because it should comunicate smoke already, if you take it out of that frame. Looking forward to hear from you.

• Inquirer
  • That seems correct. I have tested them all in the frame and they are working fine. I had a problem with one of them though. Removed the sensor from the system and 're-added it again. It is working again now. But it is a concern though if this happens again in the future. If the sensor is not sending information to the controller none of the scenes will work.