Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Android app issue on Nexus 5 phone

WiYantra

Question

Hi Forum,

We are using Google Nexus5 with latest Android 4.4(Kitkat) version, installed Fibaro Android app of version 1.3 on phone, we configured the phone with HC Lite.

When we tried to operate the HC Lite devices on local access the response of the app is very bad, we are facing a delay of 20sec to turn on/off the device through the app, again we tried to operate the same app by connecting to HC2, the response of the app on turning on/off devices is same.

What is the issue? Does anyone faced such as issue earlier.

But when we try to operate the HC2/HC Lite on internet the response of the app is instant.

We think Fibaro people has the solution for this issue.

Thanks in advance

Can you try another wifi router? We have had some problems with Huawei 4G wifi routers where there is 20-30sec delay in local network.

Lauri

I had the same problem with an Asus router.

After i change it, problem disappeared

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_mrgreen.gif" alt=":mrgreen:" />

Good luck!

• Inquirer
  • We have tried with TP-Link routers and Netgear AC router, in local access of both the router there is a delay of 20-30sec.

When we tried by connecting to internet there is no delay, it is an immediate response

Hello, I think this is issue between router and fibaro app/or phone.

If you can borrow another router, try it out.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Lauri,

We tested with 3 different routers with different android phones, except Nexus5 all the other phones response on local access is instant with all the routers.

Is this the problem with Nexus phone? If so, how can we resolve it.

Thanks in advance

Hi, thank god i'm not the only one! 20-30s in local

Exactly the same with all my config, 3 different routers on 3 different subnets.

Only Android app (tablet and phone same result). With Iphone, Ipad, GUI, its instant.

Please tell me you found the solution...

Hi.

I'm a new HC2 owner and can confirm the issue. Both my Nexus 4, and Sony Xperia tablet is suffering from slow response from HC2. When operating the HC2 from a browser, things work instant, same for remote access. It seems that the issue occurs only on local access when using the app. Tablet is running 4.4.2, Nexus 4 is running 4.4.4.

[ Added: 2014-09-01, 19:19 ]

Update: local access works instantaneous when my router has no internet access. This also means when my tablet / phone only has local access.

It seems that there is something that times out before android tries local access.

Maybe I'll have to do some packet dumps.

[ Added: 2014-09-01, 20:08 ]

When internet is enabled on my gateway, the app is calling the HC2 API:

(The first number is the packet capture timestamp in seconds).

10.582223000 GET /api/mobile/interface/refreshStates?last=772 HTTP/1.1

After about 10 seconds, the app is then doing the following request:

21.447671000 GET /api/callAction?deviceID=4&name=setValue&arg1=0 HTTP/1.1

Which in turn, turns of my spotlights, but notice that it takes 10 seconds!

Now with internet access disabled on my router:

5.268765000 GET /api/mobile/interface/refreshStates?last=1062 HTTP/1.1

6.395135000 GET /api/callAction?deviceID=4&name=setValue&arg1=0 HTTP/1.1

Down to one second.

I don't know if "refreshStates" is related to the issue, but

it is pretty clear that the request is slow when internet is enabled.

Hi eg1l!

I was very excited to test your track about the issue but unfortunately, if I take out the WAN and reboot the router, the issue is still there...

Tibus31, make sure that you force quit the app, so it starts up when WAN is disabled.

Unfortunately I've tested it as well but didn't solve it

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had the same problem, solution in my case was simplify the password.

Don't use special characters !-_)(*& aso.

HC2 doesn't like that they told me.

good luck

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

I had the same problem...

/emoticons/default_icon_sad.gif" alt=":-(" />

The phone is Samsung Galaxy S4 mini duos (dual sim).

With IPad Air 2 and Iphone 6 its istant!!!

IMHO is a bug of the Android app...

i have had lagging issues since the day the android app was released. sometimes it works fine (within a second or two) sometimes it takes way more than 30 seconds. in that time i have had 4 different phones (3x samsung, 1x sony) connecting and 2 different routers (netgear, asus) and the issue persists with all of them. up until 5 minutes ago when i tried to change the lights in my bedroom it wasn't working. i did it from my hc2 web interface and it updated instantly. then 30-40 seconds later the lights flickered up and down again. 

Hi Fibaro team,

Any solution for this issue. This problem is pending for a very long time, and you dont care to give reply on this issue.

When there is no internet, All commands from android (phone or tab) takes 15 to 20 seconds to execute. But same works fine from ios app.

Its a bug in android app. Can u tell is how soon we can have this fix.

Same issue here.. Me and my wife both have a HTC One (M7), both have been putting up with this approx 30sec delay for months waiting for a fix. 3 different AP's tried and various updates later and still useless!

Fibaro.. please can you prioritise this issue, the thread here was created nearly a year ago and yet nothing appears to have happened?? We cant rely on the fibaro solution at all, we have instances where nothing happens and end up with things being pressed again and lights intended to go on go off again. We have incorrectly reported state of devices.. something shows off yet its on.. We put up with a year delay on the app and now 3 years on and its still not fit for purpose.

As an aside I did do something with tasker just testing with my new moto360 watch. Using that its instant (from watch and phone). So the app needs sorting asap or at the very least start to offer assistance/feedback.

Thanks

Surely it can't be that difficult to either offer any known solution? a suggestion of anything to try?? tell us its being looked into??? something???? anything?????

Can we have an answer from Fibaro please?