Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FIBARO HOME CENTER 2 NETATMO INTEGRATION

Guest Paweł Świerczyński

Question

Guest Paweł Świerczyński

FIBARO HOME CENTER 2 NETATMO INTEGRATION

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

By Fibaro Krakow

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

15 answers to this question

Can we use it with current stable, or have to wait until beta version available (which is presented in the video)?

Lauri

Guest Paweł Świerczyński
  • Inquirer
  • yes, such integration in the current version of the software home center 2

Can you please share tutorial with virt device then?

/emoticons/default_icon_smile.gif" alt=":-)" />

It is quite easy to do. You just need to get the desired values from the netatmo api...

Please login or register to see this link.

I have it sending info to my room tablets, and it is quite easy to work with (once you've setup your token which i think is a bit fiddly)

Would you mind sharing?

Well you can't use it for the fibaro. It is a script integrated into my custom interface, so it doesn't speak with the hc2

I have a vera 3, that is compatible with netatmo.

Anyone have an ideea about how can i integrate those values from vera in a scene or virtual device in HC2?

Thanks.

The responses you get from the netatmo are not properly formatted as JSON, so you need to have something in between to translate the output from the netatmo into a format that the HC2 can understand (json). I haven't played around with it too much, but there is a php SDK for the netatmo which can get you part of the way. It should be relatively simple to set up a script which will retrieve the data from the Netatmo and then output the data you need as json, but it requires that you put a webserver in between the netatmo and the hc2

Dalle1985, we are working on integration of many new devices, including some popular weather stations too

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Dalle1985, we are working on integration of many new devices, including some popular weather stations too

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, that is good - added functionality is never a bad thing! What I'd like to see though would be something along the way of IFTTT channels where it is possible to somehow extract data from different sources and then integrate them into the control scheme directly, instead of having to rely on random workarounds like intermediate servers or clunky virtual devices.

I'm building my own integrated engine which basically takes both z-wave, zigbee, bluetooth and various WiFi source data and converts them into a uniform format for easy cross integration. This is the future of home automation as there won't be a single "winning" standard for many years to come. We will have to rely on translators to cross communicate between protocols.

So when you design the HC3 at some time in the future, then might I suggest that you forget about the Z-wave-centric approach and try to connect the different protocols together into one common tool?

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Why do you not have more focus on integrating with ifttt.com and let them do the hard work for you

All popular internet connected devices will be integrated to ifttt, so if you had an API towards them it would be failproof and saving Fibaro for a lot of programming and integration work for future devices, given that you have an internet connection.

Why do you not have more focus on integrating with ifttt.com and let them do the hard work for you

All popular internet connected devices will be integrated to ifttt, so if you had an API towards them it would be failproof and saving Fibaro for a lot of programming and integration work for future devices, given that you have an internet connection.

IFTTT is good fun and a nice concept, only problem is that you need to be connected for it to work. So if you are offline for some reason (we recently moved and it took the ISP three freaking weeks to come and move one jumper in a box to open the connection) then you are out of luck. What's worse is that this might result in missed alarms.

So for IFTTT to work properly, it should work off a local server - also for security purposes. My home automation network runs off it's own wifi router and is only connected to the internet through another router with some special sauce inbetween to keep intruders off my home automation network (they would gain direct access to all alarm components, know when we are home, monitor activity and check out our security cams).

IFTTT is good fun and a nice concept, only problem is that you need to be connected for it to work. So if you are offline for some reason (we recently moved and it took the ISP three freaking weeks to come and move one jumper in a box to open the connection) then you are out of luck. What's worse is that this might result in missed alarms.

So for IFTTT to work properly, it should work off a local server - also for security purposes. My home automation network runs off it's own wifi router and is only connected to the internet through another router with some special sauce inbetween to keep intruders off my home automation network (they would gain direct access to all alarm components, know when we are home, monitor activity and check out our security cams).

I absolutely agree with you that is why i said "as long as you have internet connection" Vital units such as alarm, smoke detector and so on has to work seperatly and not reluctant on internet connection. Still how do you get your notifications if your HC2 does not have an internet connection.

But what we are talking about here is beeing able to connect "internet of things" to your smarthouse solution. This marked is rapidly evolving and with the speed of the Fibaro team they will never be able to catch up. We need an API and let developers take care of integration. HC2 itself is never going to be able to collect data and make all devices talk together compared to what is available on IFTTT's services. And why should developers develop specified plugins to Fibaro when all the others are on the common platform of IFTTT?

Agreed. The integration should be better. Personally I just prefer something nested locally instead of having to rely on a service provider on the internet. I have a server with a 3G dongle in it. All is hidden behind a UPS to ensure that a powercut doesn't leave me unprotected. And even though the UPS is quite small (65 Ah), it still provides juice for 2 days of continuous service without power. So I'm not worried about not getting the message through.

What I would prefer however, was that the IFTTT service would have an offline component. The thing about all IFTTT channels is that they are based on public APIs, so everything you can access via IFTTT can be accessed direct, locally, through an API. So all you really need, would be a script generator on the IFTTT homepage which included all your components and then could be run off a local server. THAT would be great!

But I agree. I don't want to be writing Fibaro-centered scripts as the Fibaro isn't the center of my setup. I'm building my own scripting server which will take in all my different components and then convert their individual inputs into a common XML table, which I can then use exactly as I desire - across different platforms. And that is really what you need - a common, local, platform to run everything through, in order to make sure they speak the same language throughout.

I have done a small post on the matter

Please login or register to see this link.

I have a UPS on my system aswell but i do not have the dongle yet, i think i will have to look into that for a stability boost. I have fibre straight into the house and both the router and the HC2 is connected to the UPS. I have only lost my connection one time in 5 years and that was when a digger dugg over the Fibre cable.