Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Users' ideas

j.nowacki

Question

We are very happy to observe more and more inspiring applications of virtual devices provided by users of this forum. To ensure the best possible level of customization we decided to reinforce our support in this field. From now on please share your ideas for new virtual devices and scenes with us on this forum and we will do our best to meet your expectations.

That is great. Perhaps it would be an idea to create an extra subforum, for user suggestions and user code. I also came up with a proposal a few weeks ago for users to share their setup and the way they've set up their systems.

Guest Lode

For me it would be much better to open the virtual device by pressing the main button.

Now you don't see what happens if you have more buttons.

Or is this already possible ?

What I'm looking for, is a way to define what kind of device a virtual device is. For example, I have several non-Fibaro RGBW led controllers and created my own virtual device for it. Others have made virtual devices for Hue. However, there's no way to make them behave like a light. It would be nice if those "virtual lights" can also be turned on/off.

Besides that, it would also mean that you can define power usage for the virtual device (maybe depending on the primary slider). And of course, showing actions in the logging.

Maybe the plugin system for HC 4.x will make this all possible?

Can we have a sticky where valued user scripts are put that does not allow direct user input?

When a script has had a good number of downloads and recommendations from users, Fibaro admin add it to the sticky so that there is one place for new users to grab the community valued scripts that does not get complicated with many user questions.

There are a number of good scripts on the forum but as they drift down the list they are hard to find and the threads get very congested with user questions.

Guest Lode
Can we have a sticky where valued user scripts are put that does not allow direct user input?

When a script has had a good number of downloads and recommendations from users, Fibaro admin add it to the sticky so that there is one place for new users to grab the community valued scripts that does not get complicated with many user questions.

There are a number of good scripts on the forum but as they drift down the list they are hard to find and the threads get very congested with user questions.

+1

• Inquirer
  • Place for exchanging virtual devices and scenes is going to be created soon. On polish section of the forum users proposed some ideas for new virtual devices, two of them are already done:

1. Control of warm water circuit:

a)create 3 global variables: ghr, gmin and lactive

b)import device from file

c)create scene from file

d)enter id of switch and sensor(s) into device and scene

Device will enable switch for 5 minutes at chosen time. In case, that switch was not enabled in 30 minutes and declared sesor is breched, it will also become active for 5 minutes.

2. Device that chooses optimal source of air e.q. for recuperation

Device works as follows:

- Buttons allow you to manually switch between 2 sources

- Auto button:

- checks if temperature outside is under 10°C or greater than 25°C

a) yes:

-if it is warmer than 25°C outside, the colder source is chosen

-if it is colder than 10°C warmer one is tuned on

-if temperatures from two sources are equal, primal source is chosen

b)no -> primal air source is chosen

This device is dedicated to work with

Please login or register to see this link.

hardware

You should also place a thermometer directly behind air source.

Please login or register to see this link.

We need container for external data.

- Temperature Sensor

- Humidity Sensor

It is important to integrate such data more into the system than just showing on a Label.

You could get value from global variable. Like this it shows as a room temperature as well.

• Inquirer
  • For now you can set these sensors as default in configuration. Then you can get their id's from this address: IP/api/interface/data and simply ask for their values in LUA. But we will for sure take your suggestions into consideration while creating new updates.

What I'm looking for, is a way to define what kind of device a virtual device is. For example, I have several non-Fibaro RGBW led controllers and created my own virtual device for it. Others have made virtual devices for Hue. However, there's no way to make them behave like a light. It would be nice if those "virtual lights" can also be turned on/off.

Besides that, it would also mean that you can define power usage for the virtual device (maybe depending on the primary slider). And of course, showing actions in the logging.

Maybe the plugin system for HC 4.x will make this all possible?

+10

I have many virtual devices from IP cards for lights, various sensor... it would be really fine to have a homogeneous display...

• Inquirer
  • Dear Users, we highly appreciate all of your ideas and will take them under consideration when developing next update. We plan to create a place for such ideas regarding features wanted by users. But for now please keep this thread clean for users' propositions of devices and scenes.

It would be nice to export/import the log data to external source, for backup, in different formats (CSV/XML/TXT).

Also a presence generator would be nice for switching light on/of when being on holiday/away.

It would be awfully nice if we had some documentation .. or better would be a wiki to refer / link to each function when programming, setting parameters etc ..

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cheers,

al.

• Inquirer
  • alandee, documentation is being prepared, updated version of docs.fibaro.com will be posted after deep changes.

i like to give universal bin sensor a another name then door sensor or smoke etc.

i use one for my caddx alarm, when open then status is armed away, and i use one for light/dark sensor.

when it's dark and alarm is armed away, outside lights must go on.

if bin 1 is breached (armed away) and bin 2 is breached (dark) then lights on

choose for on/off is better

For now you can set these sensors as default in configuration. Then you can get their id's from this address: IP/api/interface/data and simply ask for their values in LUA. But we will for sure take your suggestions into consideration while creating new updates.

That works, it just isn't integrated when using iOS Apps.

Could you please add this feature as soon as possible:

Save icons when making a backup!

I realized that all my icons were gone after resetting the box. I know space is limited but personally I rather have 2-3 valid FULL backups than hundred backups I never use again.

Please give us the option. I don't want to restore all my icons for the next hour after trying alpha for example.

Does anyone have a solution for connecting Bang & Olufsen?

The new Beovision Avant should accept http commands i think. Anyone experience with this one?