Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FIXED with qu's - please help as I am going mad with Foscam!

dw89

Question

Hi to everyone, happy to meet you all at last!

Just bought an HC2, updated to 15.90 and started to configure for my house. I've setup all the obvious things i.e. sections/rooms and am adding all the sensors etc that I purchased. I do love it (although there are things I would change from a user perspective) but I could do with some help:

I also bought, to start off with, a Foscam FI8910E (POE version). I already have a DVR with 9 cams for external use but I want all internal PTZ cams to work with HC2. I bought this Foscam as I was under the impression that it worked 100% with HC2 but I cannot get it to work!!!

I can access it on my internal network via direct ip address, I can even connect to it externally via a website I setup through no-ip (DDNS) AND I can get it to work through the Foscam iOS app on my iPhone/iPad but can I get it to work through HC2? Not a chance. I've tried the settings that come up when you try to add it automatically (i.e. putting in Type as Foscam) and even done it as if I didn't know the model i.e. manually but nothing works. Ive tried it using internal ip and external address but nothing. Why can I not see anything at all?

All I want is to have cameras that I can see through HC2 otherwise they are useless to me. Is it some kind of bug? I read somewhere about a Foscam upgrade which may have caused it but I'm not sure. If this is possible to fix please help me, otherwise can someone tell me what PTZ cameras (between £50-£100) DO work through HC2 and I can use all the functions.

Cameras are no good to me unless they work with HC2 so I need to know asap so I can send it back and get another one that does the job.

Please help a Fibaro noob!!

KR, Dave

PS I've tried the following:

snapshot.cgi

video.cgi

decoder_control.cgi?command=6&onestep=5&user=USER&pwd=PW

decoder_control.cgi?command=4&onestep=7&user=USER&pwd=PW

decoder_control.cgi?command=0&onestep=1&user=USER&pwd=PW

decoder_control.cgi?command=2&onestep=3&user=USER&pwd=PW

decoder_control.cgi?command=5&user=USER&pwd=PW

I've also tried settings I saw on the forums for the 21 camera and something about opening an MJPEG stream....though nothing works.

2 answers to this question

Are you using the home.fibaro.com remote access to access your HC2 externally or are you using your ddns to view?

From my experience, if you use ddns, you will not be able to view your ip camera as the ip given to the ip camera is a local address. but if you change it to a ddns address(meaning giving the camera a port number to port forward to) you can see the camera but not control it.

• Inquirer
  • Hi All,

Just to let you know it DOES work 100% you just need to tinker with the settings and make sure you take out the automatic stop command tick box (as that stops it moving correctly i.e. PT).

Apart from that it works very quickly within local IP and works more slowly under DNS but does work also 100%.

Thanks Malvin for your advice but I was aware of that

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_biggrin.gif" alt=":-D" />

KR, Dave

[ Added: 2014-06-20, 17:05 ]

Feature Request please Fibaro:

I have ability for two-way conversation (as I think many cams do these days) can you not give us the functionality to use it? More buttons or whatever?

Also, what does the funny 'Blue' Iris and 'Rec' button do when you view from iPad iOS app?? I cannot see it doing anything so would like to know.

KR, Dave