Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Keyfob / Motion sensor! as presence tag

stevenvd

Question

How bad would it be if a module would send out a signal every 6 - 8 seconds?

I was thinking of adding a small pic microprocessor in a keyfob. The pic would just trigger the keyfob every time.

If you have a scene running to check constantly that the keyfob is active you are at home.

When you are away the scene will just stop receiving triggers.

When you walk to your house again and it receives a trigger, it could for instance unlock the door.

Any ideas on this?

[ Added: 2014-07-09, 12:04 ]

Oke, easier: Take a Fibaro motion sensor, disable the motion sensor, disable the lux. Set the vibration reset to a short interval. Take the cover off the device, replace the battery with a CR3032 or so and place it in a very small casing (or tape)

This works like a charm! Now I just have to find a casing for it...

It triggers a scene when you have the keys with you. without doing anything.

My away scene checks next to all the motion sensors if this device has not been breached for x minutes and that means I am away.

No need for an active RFID now:D (just a casing... Ideas?)

mhhh, maybe just print it!

[ Added: 2014-07-09, 13:09 ]

Fibaro: THIS is your next product!

It is to simple. And you already have it. The motion sensors circuit board is round, small, build for 3 volts, and has 3 inputs.

Use 2 for buttons, and one for the vibration sending to the HC2. Just put it in a keyfob casing and your product is finished! What more do you want? Relase next month?

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

8 answers to this question

Stephen,

Fantastic idea!! Its exactly what I want/would buy tomorrow.

I want one/two (one for me and one for wife) then integrate it with my, yet to be amended, version of your soft alarm system.

Would work a treat. Come on Fibaro, this should be easy and youve already sold 3!!

Well done mate, Dave;)

• Inquirer
  • Bad game guys

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> for the duchies.

But on topic: the traffic should not be that much. As it is either on a timer or by vibration with a timout. So that could be at times that you come in or go away...

a trigger once in 5 - 8 second when you walk should be enough.

• Inquirer
  • Well, I didn't make any calculations. But if you look at active RFID tags such as for cars with automatic unlocking and locking of doors, they do quite well on battery life.

battery life of 1 year for such a device would be enough for me...

I have just bought some Kensington Proximo tags and are planning to try and use those as presence detection. By setting up beacons in different rooms (a bluetooth dongle and a RPi) I will be able, to not only detect presence, but also approximate where people are located. Setting one up close to the front door could also make for a nifty hands free unlocking front door based on detecting a specific proximo tag.

How bad would it be if a module would send out a signal every 6 - 8 seconds?

I was thinking of adding a small pic microprocessor in a keyfob. The pic would just trigger the keyfob every time.

If you have a scene running to check constantly that the keyfob is active you are at home.

When you are away the scene will just stop receiving triggers.

When you walk to your house again and it receives a trigger, it could for instance unlock the door.

Any ideas on this?

[ Added: 2014-07-09, 12:04 ]

Oke, easier: Take a Fibaro motion sensor, disable the motion sensor, disable the lux. Set the vibration reset to a short interval. Take the cover off the device, replace the battery with a CR3032 or so and place it in a very small casing (or tape)

This works like a charm! Now I just have to find a casing for it...

It triggers a scene when you have the keys with you. without doing anything.

My away scene checks next to all the motion sensors if this device has not been breached for x minutes and that means I am away.

No need for an active RFID now:D (just a casing... Ideas?)

mhhh, maybe just print it!

[ Added: 2014-07-09, 13:09 ]

Fibaro: THIS is your next product!

It is to simple. And you already have it. The motion sensors circuit board is round, small, build for 3 volts, and has 3 inputs.

Use 2 for buttons, and one for the vibration sending to the HC2. Just put it in a keyfob casing and your product is finished! What more do you want? Relase next month?

/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi stevenvd,

Still working like a charm ?