Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

IP camera problems (Foscam)

hugohekk

Question

Hello,

I had a dream! When there is somebody in front of my door and pushes the doorbell, my telephone and wallpanel (iPad) giving me a warning. When i click on the warning i see a snapshot of the visitor. If i know the fisitor i can open the door with my iPhone or wallpanel.

This is what i have done to let my dream come true:

1 - Doorbell connected to binary sensor | Check

2 - Connected my Foscam FI9809 to the HC2 | Check

3 - Added a Video Gate in the Panels of the HC2 | Check

Now i want to push the image (snapshot) to the telephone but that doesn't happen. Now i have changed the push notification by email and that does work. Only the image is not viewable (corrupted?)

I have 4 questions, and thats a lot, i know:

1: Is it possible to push an image to multiple iPhones and how (if possible)

2: Why is the image corrupt and does it always have the same size (140b)?

3: Is it possible that when somebody pushes the doorbell that the wallpanel (ipad) goes directly to the camera? and if possible, how?

4: in my network i can see the camera in the apps (iPhone, iPad) but when i am on 4G or another Wifi network it shows no cam.

2 answers to this question

You can't send images in push messages. Check if path for jpeg are correct. Enter it with any browser and see if page is image or an html page with image (look if there is option to show page's source). When button is pushed and Ipad has an app opened the camera linked to videogate will open automatically. Please make sure the image will not open after some time, in remote access it sometimes take a while for image to buffer.

• Inquirer
  • Hello j.nowacki,

Ok, no push message then.

I have checked the path of the image and its correct. when I enter it into my webpage I get the snapshot. The internet page is not in html because i cannot click the Page's Source button (after right click).

The app on my wallpanel (iPad) is always open but doesn't show the camera when somebody pushes the doorbell. Of-course i can go there manually, but that is not homa-automation.

also for the iPhone you want the doorbell to send an push notification (is working). When you open the push notification the app will open (is working) an go directly into the videostream (is not working).

[ Added: 2014-08-13, 22:56 ]

For now the image seems to be corrupt so i can't see it.