Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

iPhone6 vs 6 plus??

Ross

all three devices are disappointing and have nothing todo with innovation. They are just another set of smartphones and a watch with an apple logo on it.

Just the screen... But agree with steven - they are all a bit disappointing. Especially the watch! The design is pretty bland and looks like a gen1 iphone. I was actually looking forward to this, but now I'll consider whether I would be better off going for a Samsung phone and a Moto360 (which looks SOO much nicer).

Haha totally agree, it looks more like an 1st gen iphone. I also expected something like or better than the Moto360. But I will get the Moto360

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Please login or register to see this link.

I totally disagree with you, see the pic here attached, you have to admit that the new features are fantastic (like the widget, WOW) and the ones in the pipeline for the future are fantastic!

I remember a TV spot where a brand was explaining why the small screen is better and blablabla....but I don't remember the brand name

/emoticons/default_wink.png" alt=";)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />))

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Haha totally agree, it looks more like an 1st gen iphone. I also expected something like or better than the Moto360. But I will get the Moto360

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Haha... Love the Nexus comparison. It really is sad that they think they can keep paying people off with marketing fluff instead of new features. They just fall further and further behind the competition and think they can compensate by increasing the pricetag making their product more "upscale". For the asking price they are now asking for an iPhone you should get an ABSOLUTE top end product, not something half a**ed like this.

I think this is the beginning of the end for iPhones. That Apple watch especially is a GIANT let down to the crowd. I think that is also why we haven't seen the leaks we usually do ahead of an Apple launch - they didn't want people to get disappointed ahead of the launch, destroying the hype.

Anyway, time to make the jump back to android. I liked my iP4s, but only because my company paid for it. Now I'll just keep that as a working phone and get something nice for personal use!

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are two true top-tier phones. Big or small that doesn't matter as Apple has taken real pains to make sure the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus offer a pretty consistent experience. However, we do like that the extra display space of the iPhone 6 Plus and its greater battery life makes it more of a power user device. Linkites has now started

iPhone app using latest iOS8

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are two true top-tier phones. Big or small that doesn't matter as Apple has taken real pains to make sure the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus offer a pretty consistent experience. However, we do like that the extra display space of the iPhone 6 Plus and its greater battery life makes it more of a power user device. Linkites has now started

iPhone app using latest iOS8

The iPhone is the least "power user" phone on the market. It is, quite the contrary, a habitual user phone. It is for the person that just wants something that works and where they don't need to know how to operate anything. It is the ultimate in "mother phones". When I was tasked with buying a phone for my mother, I went straight for an iPhone because it is so simple to use. But simple also means constrained. You can do much more with an android and you get much more with an android phone. iPhones are very much becoming hypeware, which doesn't live up to what the name implied to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...

hahahaha... People who do not have an iPhone (at least people who I know), it´s only people who cannot afford an iPhone...

Others prefer to get 3 SAMSUNG galaxy instead of ONE iPhone... IN the same period of time.

It is a question of tastes?

Check out my OS logo in this post... I have both iPhone and iPads... They are good devices, but they are by no standard "power user" devices. They are made in a way that even a grandmother can understand. Which is a good thing. But saying it is a power user phone is just silly.

But saying it has something to do with price is just a silly fanboy comment. Samsung offers much more choice - yes, but it also offers premium phones with similar price tags and more features than an iPhone.

The iPhone is good if you just wants something simple to use and that does the everyday job of a smartphone well, but it doesn't deliver nearly the same versatility as an android phone - and I have a fairly good idea, with 2 iPhones (and actually an i6 on the way courtsey of my company), 2 iPads, an iPad mini, 3 android phones and 7 android tablets. I use the apple devices for everyday stuff, but i need to use android for a lot of stuff because it requires more from the system than an iPhone/Pad can deliver.

Guest Lode
hahahaha... People who do not have an iPhone (at least people who I know), it´s only people who cannot afford an iPhone...

Others prefer to get 3 SAMSUNG galaxy instead of ONE iPhone... IN the same period of time.

It is a question of tastes?

Watch your language !!!!!

I used to have an iphone and YES i can afford the latest but i don't !

Tell me what great (new) features you have ?

Sending a voicemessage together with a normal message ?

I don't understand what kind an idiote came up with that idea......