Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[12:30:37] ERROR: Device nodeID = 138 does not exist in data

Guest MarkJ

Question

Guest MarkJ

HI

I have the following message but i do not know how to remove it

[12] ERROR: Device nodeID = 138 does not exist in database

Does any body know what to do and can please tell me in some steps how to get this issue solved

Br Mark

Please login or register to see this attachment.

This is probably a left-over from previous system. If you performed recovery, or deleted device using a cross in the interface it still tries to communicate, but it is not present in controller's database. Only solution is to recover to backup in which this device is added, or locate it and reset/remove. Maybe it is some battery device in you drawer about which you forgot, but it still wakes up and try to communicate.

MalvinYNJ, I am aware, that this device do not exist in your interface, but it should be in a range of controller physically. Do you have any Z-wave devices that are not included into system?

j.nowacki, it is actually a mk astral remote control lrc14s. Previously I think it was in the system but it just disappear in the interface, wanted to include it into the system to control some lighting for demo but wasn't able to do that.

Guest MarkJ
  • Inquirer
  • How can i remove device 138. I do not know what device it is or if i even have it.

Can i not just remove it.

How can i update the database?

Br Mark

MarkJ, that is the problem, it is not in the database, that is why it shows up in system in the first place. You need to find a device that is not included in system and reset its z-wave.

I got over this by resetting and re-adding the device. The device got missing while restoring an backup. At that point I did not understand the meaning of error message.

But does this error mean something like this:

- The device has been included to HC

- The device has been removed from HC (from the HC viewpoint)

- The device still thinks it is connected to HC

- The device tries to communicate with HC, but HC does not recognise the device

-> resulting the error message : ERROR: Device nodeID = 138 does not exist in database

rantta,

- The device has been included to HC

yes, but you used older backup/ removed it manually; where zwave chip dont know device and there is no that device in database

- The device has been removed from HC (from the HC viewpoint)

yes

- The device still thinks it is connected to HC

yes

- The device tries to communicate with HC, but HC does not recognize the device

yes

only solution is find that device, reset it and add again to HC

only solution is find that device, reset it and add again to HC

How about changing the handling so that the system atleast keeps the make/model/location of old devices. It would enable a message such as

"Orphan device 138 [initially detected as Fibaro FGS211, Bedroom] tried to communicate"

I dont know if you drop the data from the database, or just flag it as deleted.

I have the same issue. And I don't have the device anymore as it broke was send for warranty. How can I fix this now?

Uhm, if you do not have the device, this error should not occur as the device can no longer communicate with the system.

marcfonteijn, if device is not physically there to try to contact controller, it won't give you such error. It must me other device.

marcfonteijn, i'm saying that this device still has home id from given controller and that is why it shows in log. It is not possible for any device in range, just device that was previously included and did not removed.

Okay, so my question stands. How can I remove the device if I don't have it anymore? Assuming it's the device that went back for repair.

If you mean: delete from the HC2 while you don't have the device: click on the delete button and wait about one minute... It wil disappear from your HC2

If you mean: I have a device that thinks that it's paired to some (or my) controller and I want to delete it, that can be done too!

It sounded strange to me at first... but this is a fundamental aspect of Z-wave: any controller can exclude any device.

Scenario to test... if you want... Don't recommend it but I can say I have done it.

1) Make a backup. Then add ("include') a device. Your device is now in the memory of the HC2 and included, but it is not in your backup.

2) Recover your software and previous backup. The device is now unknown to the HC2 and when it sends data it wil trigger the "does not exist in database" response in the status window.

3) Put your HC2 in "Delete Device" mode. Use the correct procedure for your device to include/exclude (could be anything. push a button, triple click, ...). Now the device is nog longer paired and is no longer sending data. It can be included to any controller now.

It is not a security breach. Someone cold use a controller on your doorstep to exclude your device... But only when you push the right button on the device at the same time!