Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wiring Diagrams

Adam.Bewsher

Question

Hi everyone,

Fibaro UK would like to announce the new

Please login or register to see this link.

section on our website.

This is a searchable, sortable list of lighting, power, sensing and blind control wiring connection diagrams.

Diagrams include:

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_icon_arrow.gif" alt=":arrow:" /> Connection of a dimmer behind a switch with/without neutral connection

/emoticons/default_icon_arrow.gif" alt=":arrow:" /> Connection of a dimmer behind two switches and a remote dimmer in the ceiling (to be controlled via association)

/emoticons/default_icon_arrow.gif" alt=":arrow:" /> Dual relay controlling the supply voltage/a secondary supply

/emoticons/default_icon_arrow.gif" alt=":arrow:" /> Using an RGBW Controller with a Universal Sensor to give scene activation to the RGBW Controller

/emoticons/default_icon_arrow.gif" alt=":arrow:" /> ... and several more

We hope that this resource is of use to you. If you have any other diagrams you'd like to see that are not yet included, please reply to this thread.

Happy Automating!

Adam Bewsher

6 answers to this question

Thanks Adam.. much appreciated.. One I would definitely like is the ability to use 1.5kw relays to control the heating and hot water in the house..

Guest gembrain

Thanks Adam.

Looks like the UK site is becoming a useful resource.

Like!

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

• Inquirer
  • Hi rajp,

Thanks Adam.. much appreciated.. One I would definitely like is the ability to use 1.5kw relays to control the heating and hot water in the house..

I've added two diagrams regarding boiler control for water and heating.

I've also written a small tutorial:

Sorry for the delay in letting you know!

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy Automating!

Adam Bewsher

Thanks Adam..

Happy New Year. I have seen this already on your site and have been talking to you guys on clarification using tweeter...

So if I understand this.. once I have wired Method B this up, my existing controller can still be used to switch the water and Heating on. But all it will do is send a signal to HC2 and HC2 scene will activate the HW or Heating. As my existing controller has a boost functionality, what will that do? Will it still send a command to HC2? How can this be identified separately from the usual heating timer?

Is the idea that once this is wired in, the day to day running of heating and hw would be controlled by a scene and the input from the controller can be treated as boost and a suitable scene written to handle that..

if that is the case, I would be more then happy with this.

• Inquirer
  • Hi rajp,

When using Method B, the Home Center has full control of the Boiler. The Programmer is only being used as an input into the system. This is for ease of use - the original programmer can be used to set schedules as normal (or boost) and the Home Center can choose to pass this on to the boiler or not.

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing if the programmer has turned on because of the timer or because of the boost. Of you have the timing completely controlled from the Home Center, then the programmer can be used only for boost. But keep in mind, that because the Home center is now completely in control of the boiler, the boost functionality can also be implemented from any input to the system - for example, Fibaro dimmers and Fibaro universal sensors have scene activation which is very useful for this.

Happy Automating,

Adam Bewsher