Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Voice controll .. UBI or Fibaro speakers

alandee

Question

So I'd like to easily integrate some responsive voice control into my HA system. I'm liking the look of UBI

Please login or register to see this link.

but I'm guessing the functionality will be similar to the Fibaro speakers recently rolled out. I think the integration of Fibaro will be easier, and I don't really need the lux, temp and pressure of UBI, and the cost is pretty high for the UBI once I take in US/AUD conversions and reshipping so I'm guessing the Fibaro will be a better fit, but I can't find any information on a firm release date, if they will be available in Australia, and what they actually do so I can start saving for a house load of them ..

Would anyone from Fibaro want to give just a hint to the above so I can make an informed decision ? After all if i was able to be at the show where they were launched I would have asked the same questions !

Please login or register to see this image.

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also would have quizzed you on the intercom ..

Anyone else have any info to add either option or alternatives ?

Cheers,

al.

I now have UBI TTS working through HTTPS in Lua, so I can dynamically create speech strings from within the HC2 using everything to hand in the HC2 e.g. sensors, device values, my Onkyo amplifier settings, the song I am playing on any Sonos zone etc etc. 

From testing, the https request in a browser returns a response in less than 1 second i.e. instantly, whereas in the HC2 from LUA it can take 1-2 seconds which is still very close to instant in practical terms. 

I have lot's of re-writing of my code to do now to get rid of the pre-typed responses I created earlier in the week. The pain of evolution!!!

I can also query the UBIs now to get all sensor data, so the next challenge will be create VD's and scenes to pull the data from the UBIs and then finally to see if I can get push to work so the UBIs can send data whenever there are changes in a sensors value... that's definitely a project for next week 

/emoticons/default_icon_wink.gif" alt=";-)" />

Awesome work!

As far as the Echo, they have an API and they adding new devices that it can control at a rapid pace.

You can sign up for developer access and create your own device 'driver' for the Echo as well.

Like I was saying I'm extremely impressed with the ability to recognize and filter our background noise for the Echo.

It also comes with an Apple remotesqe device that has a microphone if you are in an another room, that also has

so far worked flawlessly.

Thanks!

My experience with speech to text is that it works exceptionally well when you are close. It doesn't matter if I am using my UBI or my mobile phone. Speech to text is actually very good now. I am surprised that more people don't use it. 

Keep us posted on your Echo experience. I'll be sure to keep updates coming in on the UBI. I just managed to convert all of my UBI lessons for HC2 voice announcements to LUA strings. Phew! As always, the hardest part was writing the new code and regression testing everything.

• Inquirer
  • Aww maan .. now I don't know which one to hassle to release into Aus ! Ubi won't ship yet nor will Echo ...

I just received this email. You can pre-order UBIkit now:

Oops...

You may have had some difficulty at checkout if you lived anywhere other than the United States.  For that we are sincerely sorry but the issue has been corrected and all other countries have been added.  

If for any reason you don't happen to see your home sweet home on our shipping list, please drop us a line at [email protected] and we'll make things right.

You can follow the link you received in your original invitation or you're more than welcome to click on the Ubi Kit Pre-Order link below.

Just a quick reminder the shipping rates & dates for Ubi Kit are:

Canada/Unites States - Free Shipping
    August ship date

Australia/New Zealand - $30.00
    September ship date

Europe - $25.00
    September ship date

Africa & Asia - $35.00
    October ship date

Mexico/South & Central America - $25.00
    October ship date

Thanks again to all for your support, we're very excited to bring to you this next evolution in Ubi's development.

Team Ubi

Did any of the Fibaro experts try to setup a new skill for Amazon Echo with the new Alexa Skills Kit (ASK)?

It is saying that this is a free SDK that lets you easily add new voice capabilities.

Would be great if Alexa could trigger Fibaro devices with this SDK.

According to Amazon it should be possible to setup new voice commands: Ask <invocation name> to <do some action>

Would I be able to add a new voice skill like the following: Alexa, Ask Home Center to turn on the light?

This would trigger the Fibaro action:

Please let me know.

This would be fantastic.

Not an official Channel from Fibaro, but the best solution so far. 

Thank you Pathduck.

This works find inside the network.

But how do I use the callAction API from outside my network?

My provider does not assign fixed IP addresses.

Inside I have the typical 192.168.1.xx for my Fibaro.

But this I can not call from outside.

Any advice you can kindly share?

• Inquirer
  • So Ubi is no more

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .. I had a reminder in my calendar to follow up and get a couple when they were shipping to Au .. so .. It looks like it might be Ivee or angee as alternatives to Ubi, but i don't know if they will have api, or developers kits .. ..

@Fibaro .. where are the speakers and front door solution ? and a follow up to that is .. when will they be available in Au ... or ... have they turned into vaporware ?

ta,

al.

So Ubi is no more

/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .. I had a reminder in my calendar to follow up and get a couple when they were shipping to Au .. so .. It looks like it might be Ivee or angee as alternatives to Ubi, but i don't know if they will have api, or developers kits .. ..

@Fibaro .. where are the speakers and front door solution ? and a follow up to that is .. when will they be available in Au ... or ... have they turned into vaporware ?

ta,

al.

Where did you hear that about UBI?

They are still supporting my 5 devices. The 7:30am reminder for my sons breakfast chirped across the house as per usual this morning

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone integrated Alexa with HC2 yet?

• Inquirer
  • Where did you hear that about UBI?

They are still supporting my 5 devices. The 7:30am reminder for my sons breakfast chirped across the house as per usual this morning

/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://forum.fibaro.com/uploads/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Has anyone integrated Alexa with HC2 yet?

Ubi is supported but no longer making hardware, they are now using what they have learned to operate the cloud base for others to tack onto.

as per

Hello backers,

This is a quick update to check in as it's been awhile.

Over the past six months, we've transitioned away from consumer hardware to provide a new service called Ubi Cloud - making it easier for any consumer hardware brand to voice enable their devices.

Looking now at

Cheers,

al.