Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Changing the battery sensor fibaro doors / windows

Guest pablotibis

Question

Guest pablotibis

Every time I have to change a battery makes me panic, even today I had to replace one and has become a problem, change the battery with the door open, then close it and nothing, keeps telling me low battery status and no change, I feel to push the button to wake the device many times before and nothing, then take off the device (absurd to have to do it because it is attacked with the adhesive side) and now the open / closed status is displayed correctly, but continues to signal low battery level mark, what I have to do? in the manual does not say anything ....

6 answers to this question

You did wake it up by pressing the button inside the casing 3 times?

Did you measure if the new battery is indeed a full one? Maybe it's already empty?

You can try to swap with another battery and then wake it up again, see how that goes.

Guest pablotibis
  • Inquirer
  • the device is awake, I did 300 times click inside and one behind, reacts to the opening and closing of the door / window, I tried two new batteries that I had, and both give me problems, I'll try to buy new, even if I have another door / window sensor to which I have not changed the battery from the battery low alarm signal but cmq is seen as red. I do not know if all the batteries that I purchased does not go well, I'll try with another brand.

I have the exact same problem here... and HC2 reminds me of it every 30minutes by email (I really hope this stops with 4.x)... any other suggestions?

Changing the battery in the Fibaro door/window sensor is always an adventure full of surprises. I have done it on about 10 different devices, using several different versions of HC2 over time, and I got different results pretty much every time. It usually ends up with having to completely exclude and then include the device (often more than once).

This of course means it gets a new device id. The fact that we have to hardcode device id's into scenes is a joke by itself. Combined with the fact that you often obviously cannot even change battery without excluding/including the device is a recipe for a maintenance disaster.

So far I have not found a working procedure of changing the battery in an easy way in a Fibaro door/window sensor. In non-Fibaro devices, you open the device, replace the battery, close the device. Done! This is obviously not the way to go in this case. If someone knows the secret steps of moving the magnet and pushing the buttons in the right magic sequence, I'd be happy to find out.

Changing the battery in the Fibaro door/window sensor is always an adventure full of surprises. I have done it on about 10 different devices, using several different versions of HC2 over time, and I got different results pretty much every time. It usually ends up with having to completely exclude and then include the device (often more than once).

This of course means it gets a new device id. The fact that we have to hardcode device id's into scenes is a joke by itself. Combined with the fact that you often obviously cannot even change battery without excluding/including the device is a recipe for a maintenance disaster.

So far I have not found a working procedure of changing the battery in an easy way in a Fibaro door/window sensor. In non-Fibaro devices, you open the device, replace the battery, close the device. Done! This is obviously not the way to go in this case. If someone knows the secret steps of moving the magnet and pushing the buttons in the right magic sequence, I'd be happy to find out.

What I have done to make these things easier is use global variables for each device ID and in all my LUA coding use a local variable to get the value of the global variable and use those in the LUA coding. This way when I need to re-include a device and it gets a new device ID I just have to change one variable value and then all my LUA coding works again like before. Took me one day to re-write all my coding (was actually a good thing as I could do some more cleaning up too), and from no on I just use the new way for all new LUA coding. Just a tip. =-)